Chapter 22

Author : I know I have not been updating and I apologize for that .
This story is yet to be edited ESPECIALLY THE PREVIOUS CHAPTERS . I will surely edit it .
In the meantime ENJOY .

____________

As soon as dawn of the next day came into existence, Noor got out of her room dressed in a navy blue Abaya after performing her daily routine . She got down the stairs as fast as possible to meet Fatima at the dining table .

   Noor entered the dining table setting her eyes on Fatima who is already consuming the strawberry smoothie on the table , there's some fruits arranged on a tray with green yogurts , fried eggs and bread on the table including the necessities for making tea .

  "Good morning. " Fatima said to Noor  now eating an apple form the apple tray , Noor replied with a smile as she starts to eat her food too . The two girls planned to go back to the hospital as early as possible to see Zayyad .

Noor tried to pushed the food in her mouth that felt tasteless not because it does not have taste but because she is too worried about Zayyad that's lying sick on the hospital's bed .

   "Let's go . " Noor said as soon as she noticed that Fatima has finished eating her food. Fatima gave her a puzzled look and replied "Noor calm down and eat . Zayyad will be fine . "

   Noor shook her head and replied "I've eaten and I'm full now Please let's go . " Noor said to Fatima. Fatima carried the varieties of food she has packaged for Zayyad and Abba that are in the hospital, Noor aid her in carrying some of the food as it's too much for one person to carry .

The two girls got into a blue suv that belongs to Abba as the middle aged driver that usually drives Abba decided to drive them to the hospital since none of them could drive . The drive to Reddington hospital was fast and quiet , nobody said anything through out the drive .

Noor and Fatima mumbled a thank you to Musa who drove them to Reddington, Musa has been ABBA's personal driver for years now so he's familiar with Fatima and Zayyad .

Noor and Fatima didn't waste any time outside as they quickly headed into the quiet atmosphere of Reddington hospital . They know the way to Zayyad's room so they went straight to the V I P room that Zayyad's admitted in .

Noor opened  the door and entered first with Fatima following behind her , Noor saw Dr. Sambo , Abba and Zayyad there in the room with Zayyad still laying on the bed with an oxygen mask over his nose .  Noor avoided meeting his eyes countless times since she knows how weak it makes her feel anytime she set her eyes on the sick Zayyad .

   Fatima dropped the food on the table while Noor did the same before they walked towards the bed . "Good Morning Abba . " They both greeted simultaneously . Abba replied then with a flashing smile .

"Morning Dr.Sambo . " Noor greeted the doctor that's standing infront of Zayyad .

"Morning girls .  You two came at the right time . " Dr.Sambo said to Fatima and Noor giving them a smile that says 'its all good'
Noor gazed at Zayyad who gave her a short reassuring smile .

"I guess miracles really happen because after seeing Zayyad's condition yesterday I predicted that his lungs has completely failed and he is going to die even before the next day but surprisingly here is Zayyad , alive and well... manageably well . " Dr. Sambo started speaking making Noor to feel a glint of hope in her heart .

  "So what now ? " Fatima asked hoping to hear a very good news , a news that'll warm their hearts .

" Zayyad will be on oxygen therapy monthly which he can of course be receiving at home . So I'll be coming to your home next month for his oxygen therapy. " Dr. Sambo said with a proud smile on his face .

Noor released as huge sigh of relief , finally the tension has somehow reduced , finally she can eat in peace now , finally Zayyad will be fine . Doctor Sambo continued to speak "He'll be discharged let's say ... in a few months , he should be so much better by then. " Was the last thing doctor Sambo said before exiting the room.

Fatima served Abba his breakfast on a plate and passed it to him going back to the food basket to get him some other consumables while Noor also served Zayyad his breakfast.

Noor passed the plate to Zayyad who didn't collect it immediately until Abba said "Zayyad collect your food and stop staring at Nooriya like that." Abba said after going to sit down on the couch beside Fatima .

Zayyad gave a smile to Abba before collecting the food from Noor , "you didn't answer me yesterday Noor . " Zayyad said as he repair his position to sit on the bed , he slightly lowers his oxygen mask to eat .

"Answer what ? " Noor asked trying to play dumb . "I told you that I love you Noor . " Zayyad said in a whisper to Noor who is internally beaming with joy .

"Say it out loud for everyone here to hear , they are your family so if you want to ask for my hand in marriage they need to know . " Noor said thinking that Zayyad is not that courageous to propose to her in front of his father .

Zayyad dropped the plate of food beside him on the hospital bed and called "Abba . " managing to get his father's attention. Abba turned to look at his son and replied "Yes Zayyad. "

"Abba I love Noor . " Zayyad said to his father loud enough for even Fatima to hear , Noor on the other hand turned to give Zayyad a surprised look as she attempt to hide from Abba's eyes .

_________
Author : I hope you are enjoying HEART SHADES . Pls do vote , comment and share .

And check out my other stories too !