Chapter 14

Noor saw Zayyad there sitting on the cushion there but what shocked her was the cigarette he was smoking between his two fingers, she has never ever imagined that he even smokes.

Noor knows that Kabir, Irfan, Adam and Tahir do smoke but Zayyad, this is the first time she is seeing him smoking.

Noor walked sneakily and snatched the cigarette from his hand as she matched it with her black colored kitty palms.

"What again ?" Zayyad dryly asked as he got up from the couch with his voice sounding deeper than ever probably because he just smoked.

"Don't do this again , it's haram !" Noor  said sounding like an  extremely religious girl which she partly is.

"And talking about my mother like that is not Haram? "  Zayyad replied in an almost high tone that shows his annoyed emotions.

"I'm..I  didn't really mean to offend you ! " Noor said apologetically to Zayyad .

"Well.. you did .." Zayyad replied with a small frown on his handsome brown skin.

"I'm sorry then." Noor apologized.

"Not accepted." Zayyad replied boringly.

"The first time I saw you, my first thought about you was that you were quite handsome ."Noor said hoping she can sweet-talk Zayyad even though what she said is partly true.

"Ke ! Leave ! " Zayyad said and turned his head away from Noor to face the window so that he won't have to face Nooriya. For some minutes, he had wished what she said is true. He wish he could tell her how beautiful she is.

"C'mon ! I just told you one of my darkest secrets !" Noor pleaded.

"What do you want ? " Zayyad asked and turned to face Nooriya.

"Accept my apology ?" Noor asked hoping it'll really be accepted this time.

Zayyad stared at her for not up to a minute then lowered his gaze not wanting to mistakenly slip and fall in any kind of feelings for her, that's the last thing he wants.

"Accepted, now leave me." He replied.

Zayyad thought Noor will leave now but Noor still stayed in front of the seated guy .

"What now ? " Zayyad asked.

"Well ..we need you to come and drive us to our  university actually " Noor said while playing with her fingers.

"You have to answer my question first Noor " Zayyad said and turned to stare at Noor and that's when Noor realized how short she is compared to the tall Zayyad.

"I'm ready." Noor said as she raise her head to look at his face.

"Have you ever liked Kabir ?" Zayyad asked with a slight frown.

Noor playfully glared at him because of the question. It sounded so random to her, she wouldn't deny that Kabir is handsome but definitely not as handsome as Zayyad, but that doesn't mean she has ever liked Kabir. In fact her chapters of bumping into Kabir in the street is over.

"Stop looking at me like that and answer me." Zayyad said while staring at Noor's face as if he could read her.

"Have you ever liked me ? " Noor playfully asked trying to twist his question yet the question almost made Zayyad to feel a pang in his chest.

Zayyad stayed mute for some minutes and Noor thought he was not going to speak until he said "No" .

Noor clapped her hands once as if she has made a point and said "Exactly!  That's just how it is between me and Kabir. The same way we don't like each other and can never  like each other that's just how I don't like Kabir and can never like him."

Zayyad's frown deepened wondering why she said they don't like each other and will never like each other.
Zayyad said "So If by any chance I start to like you then will you like Kabir kenan ?"

Noor chuckled a bit before saying "The thing is that there is no any chance that that will happen."

"What if I say I lik..." Zayyad was speaking when the door was pushed opened by his sister who then interrupted him making him feel like to scream 'shit ! ' which he actually internally did.

"So will you drive us or not ?" Fatima asked  with one hand on her hip as she look directly  at Zayyad waiting for an answer.

Zayyad stared  at Noor for some seconds before saying "lets go."

Fatima mumbled a 'thank you' to  her brother and shut the door trying to hide her surprise on how he changed his mind after talking to Nooriya.

Noor was about to leave when Zayyad stopped her by saying what she somehow was expecting to hear from him.

"Don't tell anyone about the cigarette." Zayyad said trying to sound intimidating.

"We will see.." Noor replied and turned to leave yet was stopped again.

"Noor " Zayyad called making Noor to turn around so as she'll be facing him .

"Zayyad ? " she replied after turning to face him .

"We have talks later .." Zayyad said in a pigin  tone, a tone that screams 'Nigerian accent' .

"I guess.." Noor responded and then quickly went  out not wanting to be stopped by Zayyad again.

________________________________
Idk ......but if you're reading this right now then thank you for reaching this far in HEART SHADES .
_H_O_V