8. Debut

We arrived Infront of the door to my dorm. We bid our goodbyes. He left as I opened the door.  As soon as I had opened the door I was met with all of the girls. I closed the door and they started questioning me. 

"So~ who is he?" Hanni asked as she came closer to me. 

"Who?"

"The guy that you were talking to. We could hear a male voice." Hyein said. Could they really hear it from the other side of the door? We didn't speak that loudly though.  Now they are going to think i have a boyfriend.

"I wasn't talking to a guy.... In fact i wasn't talking to anyone. It was our neighbor you could hear saying bye to someone" That was one of the worst excuses ever. Why would the neighbor say bye to someone in front of our door.

"Oh so the neighbor sounds like you? " Minji said. None of them bought the lie. Why do i always get myself in trouble.

"Why you always lying~~ " Danielle sang. Everyone of us stared at her. 5 pairs of side eyes. We were all quiet for a bit until Haerin broke the silence 

"Dani... That's not the right timing.... " 

"Anyway you better tell us who he was!" after Hyein's out break everyone's focus went back to me.  I guess they can know.

"It was a  childhood friend " I mean I wasn't lying when I said that. It was the truth. He was my childhood friend.

"What would your childhood friend do here in Korea?" Hanni asked.

"Well he's in the industry" 

"Oh you should be careful of that. There is twice the chance of getting caught since both of you will have people following you around" Minji explained.

"Well we are just friends so I think it should be fine" 

"Who is that childhood friend though?" Hanni asked. Why is she always so curious.

"No one" I said and walked past them. I was done with the conversations. Sometimes I don't understand my choices. Like it wouldn't hurt to tell them who it was. 

It was starting to get late so i decided to go to bed. 

I woke up the next day to seeing my name once again trending. What was it now? I get no peace after joining newjeans. I looked up my name to se what was up.

It was about the live that my brother held at our house back in Japan. The one where I was close to getting on cam. The one where he though I was pregnant. I think you get it now. But it was not the pregnancy thing that was trending.

It was about the crush. Everyone wondered who my crush used to be. Why would they even want to bring that up. At that time i hadn't seen him for years.

'Why is she already trending again?'

'what a trouble maker!'

' I wonder who her crush was'

'That person most be lucky <3'

'I wish that was me TT'

' Y'all... She last saw her crush 5 years ago. That was when she was 12-13 years old. I'm going to assume her crush was a similar age. Who do we know who is around her age, was from Okayama as well and moved away 5 years ago.....'

Damn what the hell. The last comment. Could they see straight through me or something. Not gonna lie it was kind of scary. Second day at the job and another scandal might break out.  

Let's just face it. I'm never going the have peace. I turned my phone off and hoped that everything would die down till when I debut.

A couple of months had passed by. My members and I were preparing for a comeback. Well in my case it was my debut. In fact we were about to go up on stage to perform the song for the first time.