11. Farewell Dad

At this point my career had taken off. The scandal died down.  I wasn't know as the failed newjeans member anymore. 

Now i was just the normal newjeans member. Some people still didn't like me since they believed that i betrayed my best friend.

The memories of Mei made me get reminded of my parents. I should call them soon. I didn't have time today though.

We were performing at inkigayo. Actually we had just finished the performance. We were just chilling backstage. We were all exhausted. Someone knocked on the door.

"Chicken!!!" One of our members had ordered us chicken. As soon as she opened the door she got disappointed.

"Damn i thought It was the delivery!"  Haerin said in a disappointed manner.  A group of seven people stood in the door frame.

I quickly recognized one of them. It was none other that enhypen. Yes I had finally started to remember their name!

"Hi. Niki wanted to say hi to one of you, before we have to perform" Oh yeah that's right they just had a comeback. Niki got a bit flustered.

All eyes were on Niki. He waved at me. Well I assumed it was to me since he didn't really know the other members. 

"Well bye again" Niki went behind one of his members. Was he shy? The Niki i knew wasn't shy.  All of his members looked confused by his behavior as well.

"What is wrong with you?" One of his members asked. We all decided to quickly introduce ourselves to each other. Hopefully I will remember!

They bid their goodbye and left. As the walked down the hall you could somewhat hear their conversation.

"I think i know what was wrong with you Niki"  

"Nothing is wrong with me!!" From there their conversation faded out.  

"Are we that intimidating?" Hanni laughed, making all of the others including me laugh as well.

I got a call from my mom. I immediately answered the phone. I have been waiting for their call. 

"Hi mom" I couldn't help but sound happy. That didn't last to long though.

"Sweetheart. I have some bad news. You dad became sick a while ago. The doctors think he can't be helped anymore. They think he will die" I could hear her tearing up on the other end.

Just as my life was starting to somewhat go well.... It fell apart again. The news hit like a truck.

"You aren't joking!?"

"Of course not! I wouldn't joke around with this. I contacted the agency about our matter. They said they would let you go to visit for a shot while. But It was up to you if you wanted to or not"

"I will try to go to Japan as soon as possible" The call soon ended. A couple of tears formed in my eyes. There wasn't enough tears for them to roll down my cheek. He wasn't dead. 

At least not yet.

I approached my manager and told her about my dad's condition. My members seemed to overhear our conversation. When i sat next to them in the couch they gave me empathic look. 

To be honest I didn't want their empathy. But I still appreciated it. 

I later learned that Kyosuke was informed as well.  A couple of days had gone by. I had finished packing for Japan.  So far the media hadn't found out.  Kyosuke and I were on the plane to Japan.

I mean I was happy to see my parents again. This just wasn't the ideal situation to go to Japan for.

Kyosuke was sitting on the seat on the opposite side of my seat.  We didn't say anything to each other.  Well both of us had our headphones on. But still.