13. Mei

My eyes widened. 

"What are you doing here!?"  I asked her.

"None of your business!" Mei was still mad. I looked around to see if any other seats were available so I didn't have to sit next to her.

"You could have said that in a nicer way" Dang it. There weren't any seats left.

"To bad... I didn't want to." I gave her a sigh.

"Seriously! What is your problem!?" Mei scoffed and side eyed me.

"You are my problem. You broke our promise"

"You were the one who broke our promise the first time back when you went to America. I also didn't tell the whole world that you broke our promise! "

"Fine i know i wasn't any better... That's why i'm mad. I thought you would be better than me!" She avoided eye contact. Was that really why.

"Well i'm sorry I wasn't any better"

"I guess i could forgive you... If you would agree on forgiving me as well" She said the whole sentence quietly. 

"So you want us to just forget this ever happened"  Mei nodded

"I guess we could do that" I gave her a smile. She hugged me. It had been a while since i had gotten a hug from her.

I must admit, I don't fully forgive her. But she probably also doesn't completely forgive me either.

The most important thing was just that we were friends again.

"What are you going to Korea for" I questioned. 

" I'm meeting up with someone" Her cheeks reddened.

"Who?"

"My boyfriend"  Boyfriend!?

"You're dating!? Who is it???"

"I'm not telling you... I haven't met him face to face yet. I don't want to tell you before i'm sure it's not someone catfishing" I mean that's fair enough but still! I want to know.

"Fine! Since you don't want to tell me his name then describe him" 

"Well first of all he's super cute!, His eyes are made by the gods I swear. His eyes are big, double eyelids. He's the whole k entertainment package" The squealing coming from us caused people to look at us. 

"When i have met him i promise you i will tell you who he is!" Just as her sentence finished we were called to go on the plane. Our seats weren't anywhere near each other. I couldn't believe that she got a boyfriend.

And what are the odds that it's in Korea where i live. Hopefully we can get to spend some time together before she has to go back to Japan.

The flight back to Korea felt long. I was still mad at myself for not ditching the company to go to my dad's funeral. I'm a horrible daughter.

After arriving in Korea once again I saw my manager waiting for me. We headed out to the car. silence filled the car through out the whole ride back to the dorm. My manager had felt my anger.

I wasn't in the mood to talk with her. I know it's not her that forced me to go home. She was just the one to deliver the message that made me angry. 

I sighed heavily causing my manager to look at the rear view mirror.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing" I answered in a rude manner. I didn't care.  I didn't want to talk to her right now. She respected that. She went back to minding her own business.