Goodbye My Love Goodbye

It was late into the night when Branden walked through the door. Lily had fallen asleep on the couch, and Branden scooped her up in his strong arms and took her to her bedroom. He pulled back the purple duvet and lay her gently on the bed. He then covered her and quietly left the room closing the door behind him .

It was a long day for him, and Branden was mentally exhausted. Undressing, he stepped into the shower and allowed the warm water to wash away his stress. When he finished he quickly dried himself and went straight to his bed, slipped under the covers and was fast asleep within minutes. Lily was the last thing on his mind.

When Lily awoke in the morning she found herself in her bed and wondered how she got there. Then she was disappointed that Branden placed her in her bed instead of his.

Slowly she made her way to his room and was about to climb in the bed with him when she observed the light was left on in the bathroom. She went straight in there to turn it off when she noticed the pile of cloths on the floor. Bending over she grabbed all the clothes and walked over to the hamper to throw them in there, but from the corner of her eyes she noticed something.

Pink lipstick was smeared on the collar of his white shirt. Lily pulled it closer to her face to examine it and a rush of disappointment engulfed her. The realization that he was with a woman last evening brought tears to her eyes and pain in her heart.

Everyone knew he was a womanizer, the rumors were horrendous, but Lily had believed him when he had told her that he loved her and was now a changed man.

He had lied.

How naive and stupid she was, Lily thought, as she dropped the clothes back where she had found them and tip toed back to her bedroom. And to think she felt guilty that she had a respectful dinner with Ethan while he was probably screwing another woman.

Sliding back into her bed, Lily cried her heart out. She struggled with the idea of leaving him, but how she would ever trust him again. Her mother was right a long time ago when she had said, "Once a womanizer always a womanizer!"

*************

It was the ringing of the iPhone that woke Branden up, jumping out of bed he grabbed his iPhone from the bathroom sink where he had left it the night before.

"Hello?"

"Mr. Macalister you're late again, have you forgotten you're meeting with John Aldo today?" Miss Stew asked.

"Oh fuck!" He swore out loud, "reschedule for tomorrow."

"He's already here waiting for you!" Miss Stew snapped.

"I said reschedule and cancel all my appointments for this morning. I will come to the office after lunch!" He ended the call and hurried to Lily's bedroom.

Climbing into her bed, Branden pulled the covers over the two of them and then wrapped his arms around her. He closed his eyes and tried to rebuke all the stress from the day before.

When he went to dinner with Victoria to talk about the supposed deal they were going to make, she talked about everything but the deal. She came on to him hard and strong and of course he expected this from her, and was disgusted. When he ended the conversation after dinner and told her he was finished with her, she begged and pleaded for him to stay in the private room so she could explain herself.

Branden hesitated at first but finally agreed, and what a mistake that had been, she threw herself on him and kissed him, but he pushed her away and kicked her out of the private dining area. She finally left, but not before she swore up and down that she was going to get even with him.