Mistakes

When Lily opened the door to her rented house, she was surprised to see Branden standing outside. Anger gripped her and she slammed the door shut in his face. How dare he think he can show up at her house as if he never hurt her, she thought, and how the hell did he know where she lived!

The door bell rang and rang and then Branden started banging on the door vigorously, "Open the door lass, I'm not leaving until I have a word with you!"

Lily wanted to open the door and throw herself on him and tell him how much she still loved him, but for the fact that he gave another woman his ring!

"Go away," Lily called out from inside, "there is nothing for me and you to say!"

The pounding got louder and louder, "Open the damn door Lily, please!"

Finally the door swung open and when Branden was face to face with Lily, his heart beat wildly against his chest, "Lily," he said hoarsely, before he pulled her into his arms and hugged her tightly.

For a moment Lily melted into his arms and savored this moment, she had missed him so much and wanted to tell him how much she still loved him, but she was hurt and wasn't ready to forgive him.

Pulling out of his embrace, Lily said, "Say your peace and leave Branden and do not ever come back here!"

Her words speared pain through his heart, "No Lily do not speak such words!"

"Please leave Branden," Lily cried, "me and you are done!"

"Why did you leave?" He asked hoarsely, his whiskey eyes begging her to reconsider.

"Why?" She laughed angrily, "you know why!"

Grabbing her shoulders, he said in a tortured voice, "I have searched my brain for a reason and I couldn't find one, I loved you Lily, I thought I had given you everything that I am and everything that I have!"

Breaking free of his hold, Lily screamed, "You did, but I had to share that with another woman!"

Confused, Branden stared at her not understanding  what she was saying, "I don't know what you are talking about!"

"When you went to the dinner with your client Branden, and you were gone for many hours, you came home with lipstick on your collar!"

Brandon released a long, harsh, slow breath, before he explained, "I was at dinner with Victoria and she ...."

"And she what?" Lily screamed, "she threw herself at you?"

"Yea she did!" Branden said.

Lily rolled her eyes, "Stop blaming others for your mistakes Branden, it's always everyone's else's fault, she was wearing the sapphire ring on her finger!"

"She stole that from me," Branden explained frantically, "I did not give that to her, I would never do that, the ring was bought for you and you alone!"

"I don't believe you!" Lily yelled, "I don't believe a word you say, it's always everyone else's fault!"

"She wants to destroy me, because I will not partner up with her with Colber enterprises, she will do anything to ruin me Lily, including my relationship with you."

Lily laughed out loud, "Yes Branden, you are the innocent one here."

"I swear to you to all that is holy Lily," his voice sounded tortured and broken, "I love you and want only you, I have never betrayed you!"

"I don't trust you!"

"Lily I was a womanizer yes, but that was before I met you!" He explained desperately, "ever since I fell in love with you it has only been you, I swear it!"