Canadian GP Qualifying

A quiet knock on my door caused my eyes to slowly flutter open as they adjusted to the beam of light streaming through the curtains of my hotel room. I sat up and removed the covers from my body before getting out of bed and pulling on my robe. I then walked over to the door and opened it to be met with Charles who was dressed in his Ferrari team wear and was ready to go to breakfast. "Good morning, are you ok ma cherie?" he asked. "Umm yes thanks. I've literally just woken up, what time is it?" I replied as I gestured for him to come in. "It's currently 7.45, we need to be at breakfast soon but you weren't answering my messages so I thought I'd come and check on you." he said, placing his hands on both my shoulders. "Oh I think I forgot to set an alarm. Let me get ready really quickly and I will meet you downstairs in 10 minutes?" I replied.  "Ok no problem amour, I'll save you a seat next to me." Charles told me after placing a light kiss on my forehead. I opened the hotel door for him to leave my room before finding an outfit for me to wear after my shower. I decided on a pair of black skinny jeans, a red tank top and a black leather jacket as I knew that it may be a little bit chilly if I was sat in the garage for some time. I also decided to wear my usual converse as they were one of the most comfortable pairs of shoes that I owned. 

Making my way down to the hotel dining room where Charles and a few of the other drivers were waiting for me, I felt a sense of nervousness overwhelm me. I looked at myself once more in the lift mirror, and drew in a deep breath before the doors opened out onto the lobby which was fairly busy with people moving around or sitting down in the living areas. I wasn't sure which way the dining room was so I had to ask a member of staff to point me in the right direction to ensure that I wouldn't get lost. It didn't take me long to find the small group of drivers as they were all sat around a long table and talking rather loudly. Charles noticed me as I approached them and then proceeded to stand up to walk over to me so he could introduce everyone. "Guys this is y/n, she is one of my closest and nicest friends, so I want you all on your best behaviour." he said, earning a few laughs from the group. "It's lovely to meet you y/n, I'm Max and this is George, Yuki, Kevin, Alex, Lando and Oscar. I'm pretty sure you've met Carlos and Pierre already." Max smiled at me whilst the others sent me a smile or a small wave as their names were called out. "It's great to meet you all, I hope you don't mind me sitting with you guys." I replied shyly. "Of course, it's nice to see that someone is able to put up with Charles and all of his flaws." Lando joked, earning a glare from Charles. "Ha, finally someone gets what I have to put up with!" I laughed as I took my seat next to Charles and Pierre. "Oh please, you love my company cherie." he looked at me dead in the eyes, a smirk planted on his lips. "You keep telling yourself that." I flirted back as I gave his hand a quick squeeze to assure him that I was only joking. Everyone sat at the table began laughing at the back and forth banter between us, which caused my shyness to take over again as I knew it meant they had just watched the whole interaction. 

Now it was Charles' turn to squeeze my hand which was now placed in my lap, fiddling with the bracelets on my wrist. I looked up at him and he sent me a reassuring smile to let me know that everything was fine and there was no need to be worried. When the waiter came over to take the last of our orders, I requested a stack of pancakes with a glass of orange juice as I hadn't had that since I was little. It had always been one of my favourite breakfasts that I liked to have as a treat every now and then. Charles' hand remained interlocked with mine for the entirety of breakfast even whilst we were eating, although he did occasionally let go to pick up his drink or if he needed to use both hands for something. I knew it didn't go unnoticed by some of the other drivers but I could tell that they weren't bothered by it and they definitely weren't going to say anything as it was none of their business. We talked for almost an hour before some of the drivers started to head back to their rooms to pick up anything they might need before they headed out to the track for qualifying later in the afternoon. Pierre, Yuki, Lando and Oscar were the first 4 to leave as they had their team meetings which they needed to get to and they also mentioned something about filming content for the media. Charles had some media to do before the race as well so he lead me upstairs so we could pick up our things from our rooms before he met me back in the lobby at the entrance. We took a team car to the track so Carlos and his trainer were with us as well which resulted in small talk about the upcoming weekend for the entire journey. Once we had arrived, Charles let me follow him to the Ferrari hospitality before leaving me to sit in the garage and talk to some of the engineers.