F1 event

The Italian grand prix in Monza had just taken place and added another win to Charles' list. It was a spectacular race with many overtakes throughout the race and some good battles between many different drivers, especially Charles and Max on lap 39. Even though I wasn't in the Ferrari garage for the majority of the race, I used the pass that Charles had given me earlier so that I could watch the finish with the rest of the the Ferrari crew members. When the scarlet Ferrari of number 16 crossed the finish line in 1st everybody around me started cheering and jumping for joy. I could even see clouds of red and yellow smoke by the grandstands outside the pitlane, where all of the tifosi where celebrating the win of the Monegasque. When we were allowed onto the pitlane to witness the podium celebrations, I took my camera and phone with me so that I could get pictures for myself and also for F1's photography pages. With the help of some of the crew members who recognised me, I was able to get to the front of the barriers in order to get a better view for when Charles took his rightful position on the top step. The monegasque anthem blared through the speakers, and I could see the pure joy and love Charles had for his country and team to help him win the fight against the red bulls. Just before he left the stage after the champagne celebrations, he looked at me dead in the eyes and blew me a kiss which sent the fans into a frenzy as they thought it was to everyone and not just one specific person. I couldn't wipe the beaming smile off my face as I headed back to the garage with the crew to wait for Charles' interviews to be done. In the meantime I continued to take more photos with the camera, especially of the crowds of people still cheering Charles' name. 

When I heard Charles call my name from a few metres down the paddock walk, I instantly turned off my camera and spun around to locate him. Just as we locked eyes, I ran towards him and jumped into his arms, my legs wrapped around his waist. "I am so proud of you my love, that was an amazing race!" I whispered into his ear, a beaming smile on both of our faces. "Thank you ma cherie. That win was for you, my dad, Anthoine and Jules." he sighed happily, placing me back down on the ground. "They are all so proud of you C. Are you finished with your media duties by the way?" I replied as we made our way towards the Ferrari hospitality. "I think I have a few more interviews just outside the hospitality suite but you can wait in my driver room if you'd like. I'll come and find you again afterwards." he said, placing a hand on the small of my back. "Ok, I need to go and see my manager and transfer these photos but then I'll head back to your room." I quickly decided before we parted ways. "I'll see you later ma cherie." Charles replied, placing a quick kiss on my forehead before any cameras could catch the interaction as we were still yet to go public. I wouldn't be surprised if people were already suspecting something between us though. 

***

"Baby are you nearly ready?" I heard Charles call from the living room in our hotel suite. "Just trying to tie my shoe and then I'll be done." I replied as I struggled to tie the strap of my right shoe. I continued to struggle for the next few minutes before eventually giving up and walking over to where Charles was sat on the sofa, scrolling on his phone. "Can you help please?" I asked him in a defeated tone, to which he patted the space next to him a sign for me to sit down. He then pulled my leg onto his lap and began his first attempt at tying the knot so that it wouldn't suddenly become loose whilst I was walking later on. "All done mon amour." Charles said as he gave me a small smile before lifting me off the sofa so that we could finally leave. "Merci ma cherie!" I replied in a playful tone, receiving a confused and slightly annoyed look from Charles. "Glad to hear you are still practising French, but that is a nickname I have reserved for you. It is also the wrong gender for a male. You would have to say 'mon cheri'." he responded with a slight laugh at my attempt of his first language. "Oh ok. French is too complicated. I think I'll just stick to English nicknames for you." I sighed in amusement as we made our way out of the hotel room to catch our ride to the F1 event later this evening. "I can help you learn some more French though. Think of me as your personal tutor." he replied. "Hmmm ok, so I'm dating my French tutor now." I laughed as Charles rolled his eyes, clearly not meaning for me to interpret his offer in that way. "I can't even think of a good response to that to be honest." he eventually said, a small smirk on his lips.