Abu Dhabi GP

Walking into the paddock for the final time this season, there was a sense of joy that everyone could finally have the break they deserved after working so hard all year. The Ferrari crew had planned a mini celebration for after the race today as a reward for everyone, and then all of the drivers would be going to a club later that evening. It was definitely going to be a very chaotic and long day, but at least we had a few months off to relax and unwind from the very crazy season. Charles and I had made plans to visit my family in England for a week in the new year whilst we would spend the rest of the time in Italy or Monaco. 

Charles had already arrived at the track a few hours earlier as he had some media duties to do before the race this afternoon and I didn't need to be in as early as him. I made my way over to the building where I would pick my camera up for the day and greeted a few team members along the way through the paddock. It was rather busy today with many fans having paddock passes as well as a large number of media people doing their usual filming, which made my journey to the Ferrari garage slightly longer than usual. 

When I finally made it there, a few of the strategists for both drivers were deep in conversation whilst the engineers and pit stop crew were busy carrying out tire checks and ensuring everything was prepared for the race. Obviously they weren't allowed to make any drastic changes to the car because of parc ferme rules, but they could still carry out routine inspections to ensure everything would run smoothly and that all parts on the car were working as they should. Andrea spotted me from the back of the garage and beckoned me over to him, and I was hoping that he would tell me where Charles was as I was still yet to see him. 

"If you are looking for your boyfriend, he's in his driver room. Just don't do anything too crazy, he still has a race to do." he told me as he tried to keep a straight face. "Haha very funny Andrea. I also have work to do in a bit so you can get your head out of the gutter." I laughed before walking past him to find Charles. It was rather quiet towards the back of the hospitality suite where their rooms were situated, as both Charles and Carlos liked to have their peace and quiet before their races. 

I knocked on the door quietly before hearing a faint "yes" signalling for me to enter. Charles was laid on his sofa with his race suit half on, listening to his music and running over the notes he frequently scribbled down in his small notebook. "Hey mon amour. How are you?" he asked, looking up from his notes to give me a warm smile. "I'm doing good thanks. Andrea said that you were in here, so I thought I'd come and see how you were doing." I replied, taking a seat next to him before he pulled me in for a hug. "I can't wait for this season to be finally done so that I can spend more time with you!" Charles whispered in between kisses. "Just one more race to do babe and then your wish will come true. Go out there and do yourself proud." I told him as I looked into beautiful green eyes. "I will make us both proud, I promise. I love you so much mon amour!" he said, placing a long but firm kiss to my lips. "I love you too. I will see you after the race." I whispered in his ear as I gave him a quick hug, before making my way out of the garage to carry out my duties for the day. 

A few hours later, it was finally time for the start of the race and I was currently outside the Mercedes garage talking to Carmen. We were focused on one of the large screens on the wall as all 5 lights went out and the 20 cars sped away from the line, mini battles for the same piece of tarmac already beginning to form. Thankfully Charles got away well and was currently sitting in a comfortable p4, with Fernando, Lewis and Max ahead of him. Around turn 6 there was slight contact between Lance and Kevin, however both of them were able to recover so no safety was needed just yet. Carmen and I were continually scanning the screen to see how our boyfriends were doing for a good few minutes until I needed to get going again. I said goodbye to her before walking down the pitlane very carefully until I found a gateway for me to exit through. This lead me back to the paddock and from there, I navigated my way to a place alongside the track where I would be able to take some photos for the race.