Separate tides.

[Camera opens on Luz and Y/n walking through a dark cave, holding a glowing ball of light and the Owl Staff]

Luz: [gasps] Stop!

Y/n: What is it?

Luz: [points to a large shadow on the wall in front of them] Look!

[Offscreen there is a deep laugh]

Garlog: Foolish child. Leave this place before you meet your demise.

Y/n: We're not leaving until we find what we came for.

Luz: You heard him, Garlog. We're not afraid of you.

Garlog: You should be, humans. I may be small, but I am mighty.

Chot-San: [barks fiercely]

Y/n: Save it, Garlog. We've dealt with bigger threats than you.

Luz: And we'll deal with you just the same. [raises the Owl Staff]

Garlog: Small I may be, but you will soon know fear when I lay waste to all that you--

[Garlog gets cut off by King, who eats him whole]

Luz: King, drop it now. Drop it now!

[King mumbles and runs off]

Y/n: King, drop it now! That's not a toy!

Luz: [chases after King] Drop it, King! Bad boy!

Chot-San: [barks and runs after Luz]

[Luz manages to retrieve Garlog from King's mouth]

Garlog: [squeaks, trying to escape Luz's grasp]

Luz: You're Garlog? [compares his wanted poster to the real thing] This is pathetic.

Y/n: Is that it? We came all this way for that?

Luz: [looks disappointed] I guess so.

Chot-San: [pants and wags his tail]

Y/n: Well, at least we can finally leave this cave.

Luz: [perches the Owl Staff on her shoulder] Let's go.

The Owl House is shown with the wind howling. Y/n is in Luz's room, where they're both playing with Garlog, who is stuffed in a bottle, while Chot-San, their corgi dog, watches. Luz sets her phone against the bottle and turns on the camera to say hello to her mother.

Luz: [Boops Garlog's nose.] Boop! [To the camera.] Hola, Mama! It's been a week and a half since the petrification ceremony. A week and a half since I destroyed the portal home. I had to. Emperor Belos was going to kill Eda if I didn't hand it over. But I couldn't let him use it, so I blew it up with some magic fire... [To herself.] She's not gonna understand any of this. That's okay, Luz. Just keep moving forward. [To Camila.] This world is filled with inexplicable magical wonders, like this portal key! [Pulls out the item in question.] I don't know if it contains magic, but I'm gonna study all I can, and find a way back to you. A-And look! [Lifts up her leg to show King holding onto it.] I have friends to help me.

Y/n: [Smiling.] Hey, don't forget about me, Luz. I'm here too.

King: [Holding onto Luz's leg.] I'm never letting you go! You're never returning to the human realm!

Chot-San barks jealously.

Luz: [Laughs and covers the camera.] He doesn't mean that.

Cut to Eda in the kitchen with Vilador, making a stew that has an unusual smell as usual. Eda is trying to cast magic by pouring a cup of apple blood.