Hollow Mind

Scene begins from Luz's perspective. She slowly opens her eyes, a soft groan escaping her lips. Beside her, Chot-San, her pet corgi, whimpers and nudges her hand with his snout. The view shifts to a third person perspective, revealing Luz lying on the cold, hard floor with Chot-San by her side.

Luz glances to her left, Chot-San following her gaze, then slowly sits up. They discover they're in a dimly lit corridor. The walls on either side are adorned with massive paintings, which Chot-San begins to sniff curiously. Luz turns her gaze forward and gasps, causing Chot-San to look up.

There, in front of her, is a colossal painting of Emperor Belos, his staff in hand, towering over her, King, Lilith, and Eda in her Owl Beast form. A plaque beneath the painting reads, "TRIUMPH OVER WILD MAGIC." Luz, visibly shaken, stands up, and Chot-San mirrors her, backing away with a low growl.

Luz: "What is this place, Y/n?"

Suddenly, Hunter appears, his gaze fixed on Luz, a mix of anger and confusion in his eyes. Chot-San positions himself protectively in front of Luz, his ears perked up.

Hunter: "You know exactly where we are, human. Y/n, don't you?"

Luz, taken aback, turns to face him, Chot-San maintaining his protective stance.

Hunter: [His voice echoing in the corridor.] "You got us trapped in the Emperor's mind!"

Luz: "Huh?!"

Chot-San barks at Hunter, sensing Luz's confusion and fear. Luz reaches down to calm Chot-San, her hand gently rubbing his ears. Throughout the scene, Chot-San's actions and reactions provide a sense of comfort and familiarity to Luz in the strange and intimidating environment.

Scene begins with Luz and Hunter inside Belos' mindscape. Luz looks around incredulously, Chot-San by her side.

Luz: "We're in the Emperor's mind? That's bananas, Y/n!"

Hunter: "I don't know what those are, and I don't care to. Remember what happened at the Night Market?"

Chot-San tilts his head, as if trying to understand the situation. The scene flashes back to earlier at the Night Market, with Chot-San sniffing around the bustling market.

[The scene plays out as before, with Hunter narrating his part of the story. Chot-San is seen following Hunter as he trails the three hooded figures, his tail straight and ears perked up.]

Luz: "Oh, wait! I remember now, Y/n!"

Chot-San barks in agreement, wagging his tail. The scene rewinds, and Chot-San's actions mirror the reverse motion.

Luz: [Narrating.] "Eda took me, King, and Chot-San to the Night Market to repair my witch's wool cape. But, we ran into some trouble."

[Chot-San is seen exploring the market, sniffing around and interacting with the various creatures. He barks at the door Eda is knocking on, wagging his tail.]

The scene continues with Eda and Luz outside the door, King's voice coming from the walkie-talkie. Chot-San is seen playing with the skulls in the tub King pops out of.

[When Luz becomes angry, Chot-San mirrors her emotions, growling at the closed door.]

Luz: "Well, what does he know?! Y/n, Belos is a liar. He just wants power! And I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that he can't speak to the Titan!"

Chot-San barks in agreement, adding emphasis to Luz's words. Throughout the scene, Chot-San's actions and reactions provide a sense of companionship and support to Luz, making him an important part of the story.

The crowd disperses. Eda notices people's reaction and calls out to Luz, while Chot-San sits by Luz's side, looking up at her with concern.

Eda: "Hey, I'll be fine. You're the one who needs to be careful, Y/n."