Them's the Breaks, Kid

EXT. THE OWL HOUSE - DAY

Luz, her echo mouse, King, and Y/N, her boyfriend, are gathered outside the Owl House. They are experimenting with new glyph combinations. Y/N is actively assisting Luz, while King and the echo mouse watch. The first glyph creates a small whirlwind, the second a water fountain, and the third a petrification glyph that turns a Beefy Bob toy into stone. Luz begins drawing a fourth glyph.

LUZ: (finishing the glyph) Alright, maybe it's this one!

Suddenly, a monstrous claw sprouts from the glyph. Luz screams in surprise, and Y/N quickly pulls her back. Eda bursts through the door, with Vilador close behind, both ready for action. Eda destroys the claw, which splatters into goo, covering Owlbert, King, and Luz.

LUZ: (wiping goo off her face) Safe! Thanks, Eda. (grabbing her notepad) That was definitely not the one.

Vilador picks up the petrified Beefy Bob, examining it before it crumbles. Chot-San, the pet corgi, barks at the crumbling toy.

EDA: (shivering) What are you all doing out here?

Luz explains her findings from Philip Wittebane's diary. Y/N comforts her as she expresses her longing to return home. Eda suggests a break, and Luz excitedly asks for a backstory. Eda agrees, and they all settle down to listen, with Chot-San curling up at Vilador's feet.

EDA: This is the story of how I met the coolest, baddest, kick-buttiest witch of all time: Raine Whispers.

VILADOR: (smiling) Oh, I've heard this one. It's a good tale.

Y/N takes Luz's hand, giving her a supportive squeeze as Eda begins the story. King and the echo mouse snuggle close to Luz, and Hooty circles around them, hooting softly.

Cut to Young Eda holding a pack of flashcards in her hands. Young Vilador is with them, juggling three grudgby balls. The first flashcard says, "Things abominations probably shouldn't do." The second card says: "The Titan's five humors."

Young Eda: (reading the card) Okay. Titan's five humors.

Scene cuts to the two Clawthorne sisters and Young Vilador walking, with Vilador showing off his juggling skills.

Young Lilith: (trying to remember) Hmm... Earth, bone, blood, bile and, uh...

Young Vilador: (throws a grudgby ball to Eda) Catch, Eda!

Young Eda: (catches the ball) It's... (making a snake-like sound)

Young Lilith: (slowly) Snakes...?

Young Eda: (laughs) Breath!

Young Vilador: (teasingly) Yeah, Eda, you gotta work on that smilk breath!

They all laugh and continue walking, with Young Vilador juggling again. Young Lilith takes the flashcards and asks Young Eda another question. Young Vilador interjects:

Young Vilador: Hey, how about a question for me?

Young Lilith: (smiling) Alright. Half-moon, leadfoot potion. What's the ratio?

Young Vilador: (catching a grudgby ball) Waning or waxing?

Young Lilith: (impressed) Good point!

Young Vilador explains the correct ratios, and Young Lilith checks her notes, looking pleased. As they continue walking towards Hexside, Young Vilador playfully competes with the Clawthorne sisters, showing off his skills and making the other students laugh and cheer.

At Hexside, students are seen gathered at the front of the school. Young Vilador is the center of attention, juggling grudgby balls while balancing on a floating broomstick. Young Eda and Lilith join in, impressing their classmates. Young Perry watches from the sidelines, while Young Darius and Young Alador look on with admiration. Young Odalia claps enthusiastically.