Through the Looking Glass Ruins

Open on Gus sitting in the hallways of Hexside, his head buried in his arms. Luz and Y/n walk up to him.

Y/n: Hey, Gus. Are you okay?

Luz: You look really down. What happened?

Gus: (sighs) I messed up bad, Luz. Willow needed help with this pixie problem, right? So I thought, oh, I'll lure them away with an illusion. But then...

Y/n: What happened next?

Luz: That angered the pixies, and they attacked Willow. I heard.

Y/n: Oh no, that must have been terrifying for her. Is she alright?

Luz: She's tough, but she's shaken up. We need to find a way to make it right.

Gus: I moved up two grades because of my illusion magic. What's the point of being good at this if I can't do anything good with it?

Y/n: Gus, it was an honest mistake. Magic can be unpredictable sometimes. You were just trying to help. We all make mistakes, and it's how we learn from them that matters.

Luz: Y/n's right, Gus. You're a talented witch, and your abilities have helped us countless times. Don't let one setback define you.

Cut to Gus laying on the floor of his bedroom, presumably the next day. He groans, feeling the weight of guilt on his shoulders.

[Camera shows off Gus's bedroom. His crystal ball caws and beeps. It shows a prerecorded message of King.]

King: [On recording.] I'm not reading this.

Gus: [On recording, offscreen.] Come on, King. Please?

King: Ugh, fine. [Clears throat.] Is that a six-footed pig or a floating appendage? Why, no! [Gus, wearing a cape, hops on screen.] It's Gus the Illusion Master. Please leave a message.

[The video turns to Willow, her arm in a cast and several bandages on her face.]

Willow: [On recording.] Hey, Gus. Thanks for sending me all those "Get well soon" illusions, but, uh...

[Three tiny illusions of Gus jump onto her shoulders and head.]

Illusion Gus #1: Willow! How are you feeling? Do you have a fever?

Illusion Gus #2: Willow, you want me to sing for you? Mi-mi-mi-mi-mi-mi-mi-mi...

Illusion Gus #3: Willow, is this helping?

Willow: Can you please take them back?

[Gus groans. The crystal ball shuts off. Gus rolls onto his stomach and traces a spell circle, summoning his illusion to stand in front of him.]

Illusion Gus #1: Where's Willow?

Illusion Gus #2: Why are we here?

Illusion Gus #3: Did we do bad?

[Gus blows the illusions away. Someone knocks on a door. Cut to Gus opening the front door to find Luz, Y/n, and Chot-San the corgi.]

Y/n: Hey, Gus! We heard what happened with Willow. How are you holding up?

Luz: Yeah, we're here to support you. You're not alone in this.