Rain, wishes and secrets

"Woman begins by resisting a man's advances and ends up blocking his retreat."

Oscar Wilde.

"A man snatches the first kiss, Pleads for the second, Demands the third, Takes the fourth, Accepts the fifth- And Endures all the rest."

Helen Rowland.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gloria's Pov

Kiss is just a four letter word, yet holds a magical feeling.

Everything is transformed and enchanted and makes sense.

It can turn your strongest resistance to sublime desires.

The moment his lips smashed on mine, it was like fireworks and sparks.

As cliche as it sounds.

I loved the way his tongue worked inside my mouth, battling, savoring, tasting.

His lips were so smooth and his minty breath- oh god.

I have got to stop thinking about it. I need to clear my mind and stay away from him as far as possible.

I will not allow him to have control over my feelings anymore.

Sighing, i take a right turn and quicken my pace.

I had left Grimani's residence this early morning and once i was back at the hotel i couldn't get a wink of sleep.

My mind was replaying the kiss over and over making it hard for me to focus on anything.

The wind was extra chilly since there was a slight shower earlier this morning and the smell of wet earth mixed with wild flowers growing around was truly refreshing.

Once i reach my suite i hop into the shower for a long relaxingl bath.

I wrap the towel around me and pick up my phone and see a text from mom asking me to meet her over dinner at the Grimani's residence.

I text her a reply when there's a knock on my door and i open it to find a staff with a bouquet of red roses.

Very expensive ones at that.

"Miss Gloria Anderson? " He asked.

"Y-yes.. " I said kind of questioned as i raised a brow.

"This is for you. Mr. Travon Wolf Hart sent them. "

The audacity of that- hrmphhh..