Deja vu

I can't change the direction of the wind, but i can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.

Jimmy Dean

••••••••••••••♪••••••••••••••••

Gloria's Pov

"Excuse me my lady, can i have this dance?"

I lifted up my tired eyes from my untouched drink to meet a pair of forest green eyes which are slightly visible due to the flickering lights of the club.

The guy in front of me had dark hair, tan skin, built body and extremely tall, his forearm was inked trailing up towards his hidden biceps.

Before i could figure out a reply, i am being roughly pulled up by my arm and pushed into the stranger's chest as i compose myself and i turn around to see Shelly introducing me to the guy she just threw me at.

She was drunk. Period.

Shelly and Damien have known each other for a long time. They met in a concert two years back and ended up being inseparable friends.

Damien then led me to the dance floor as every lady's hungry gaze followed him. The song changed to a slow beat and i was pulled closer to Damien.

I shuddered and averted my eyes to the crowd behind him.

I was so itching to get out of here.

Shelly thought it would be a great idea to distract my mind from Travon....

I stopped myself from thinking about him.

I was not thinking when i agreed to her idea.

Now i want nothing else but to get away from all these crowd of people and be left alone.

He guided my hands which were on his shoulder to wrap them around his neck, all the while i could feel his eyes on me. Which tensed me up.

His hands were on the small of my waist, swaying me along with him.

"They say there are short-cuts to happiness, and dancing is one of them. Dance you're troubles away."

He said leaning very close to my ear his lips brushed against the skin and i pulled back.

"I'm afraid you're with the wrong partner. I don't know how to dance."

I said but he look fazed for a single second.

He began to sway me in sync with the music for quite sometime, from the corner of my eye i saw Shelly observing us with a wide grin on her face.

She finally averted her eyes when a guy approached her making me sigh in relief.

At that moment, Damien grabbed my hand and twirled me around as i lose my balance and fall back but before i could fall on the floor, his strong muscular hands grabbed my waist pulling me close to his body. Our eyes met and instead of forest green eyes i found myself staring at a familiar pair of baby blue eyes.

Am i having a concoction? Why am i seeing things?

"Are you alright." He asked bringing me back to earth.

It felt like Deja vu.

Memories that i've shut came rushing back to me like a wrecking ball.

Memory of me falling into his arms from the first time we met.