𝟒~𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠

CHAPTER 4
[real life]

Matt shakes his head as he reads the text from Cassie. She never blows off filming, and now she's doing it to hang out with Miles. He emphasises Miles in his head with a mocking tone.

"Is Cass coming round?" Chris says as he walks into his brothers room. "She's hanging out with Miles instead" Matt says in an annoyed tone, yet he doesn't mean to, he shouldn't be annoyed, he hates her.

Chris rolls his eyes "Bro stop sulking, she likes the guy, of course she's gonna hang out with him" he says with a sigh.

"I know, I'm not sulking fuck off" he scoffs.

Chris shakes his head, accepting that his brother wasn't going to budge, and walked away.

He's not good for her, Matt tells himself, not that he cares anyway. It's just she should atleast be with someone who doesn't go for any living breathing female, someone who actually likes her. He snaps these thoughts away quickly, if she wants to be with a dick, she can.

He walks down the stairs to go watch tv, but for some reason he's walking towards the door and without thinking "Cmon guys, were going to Cassies house" he shouts to his brothers.

When the triplets arrive at the girls house, her brother Charlie opens the door for them. "Oh hey guys.. did Cass invite you?" He asked, confused but still friendly. "No, just thought we could hang out, she isn't busy is she?" Matt says with a hint of sarcasm, knowing full well she is.

"No it's fine, come in" he smiles. The 3 of them follow Charlie through the back door, Nick and Chris giving each other knowing looks.

Miles is chasing Cassie around with a water gun, she hates getting her hair wet. But there she is, giggling and running away from him, it makes Matt scoff and he feels someone nudge him, "Chill" Nick whispers.

Cassie spots the boys in the doorway and internally groans. She doesn't even have to ask and she already knows this is Matts doing, he just doesn't want to see her happy because he's a lonely little bitch.

"Hey Cassandra" Matt smirks, as she scowls. "Stop calling me that you loser, why are you here?" she questions. Before Matt can answer Nick interrupts, knowing exactly where it was going.

"Uh who's this?" Nick smiles, pretending he hasn't heard hour long rants about the famous Miles Baker. "This is Miles" she grins "Miles this is Chris, Nick and Matt" she adds, pointing to each triplets as she says their name.

"Hey" Miles nods, and immediately puts his attention back on Cassie. Rude, Matt thinks. There's something about the way he's looking at her, like he owns her, like he could have her at anytime, Matt grits his teeth.

His brothers go to the loungers to talk to Stella an Charlie, but Matt stays where his is. "Thought you hated getting your hair wet, Cass" he quirks his eyebrow. "Shut the fuck up, Matt" she says through gritted teeth.

Miles looks him up and down, before placing his hand on her lower back, her face tenses and her eyes grow wide. "She's having fun" Miles snaps, sternly. "She can tell me herself thanks" Matt scoffs, making it obvious he didn't like Miles, but he also didn't care.

"The fucks your problem" Miles shakes his head, walking towards him. The rest of the group watch, each of their mouths agape, giving each other looks. "You" Matt spits. Miles walks closer too him but Cassie interrupts.

"Nope" she states, grabbing Matt by the collar of his shirt and dragging him inside. She turns her said to Miles "Be right back" she smiles.

"What the fuck Cassie let go" Matt scowls. She ignores him and takes him to the kitchen, then lets go of his shirt. "What the fuck was that" she starts, her arms folded.

"Nothing" he sighs. "Don't give me that, what's your fucking problem with him, what's he ever done to you" Cassie says, clearly annoyed.

Matt pauses for a second "He's a dick, Cass" he starts, "He's literally dated half the girls in our grade, each for no longer than a month, he'd probably just use you" Matt sighs.

"Matt you fucking hate me, why do you suddenly care, you don't get to get mad when I talk to other guys, I'm not yours to get mad over."

Something about those words makes Matt feel physically sick, but he can't pin point why, so he just gives up.

"Whatever" he sighs. She can tell through his expression that she's upset him, but she doesn't have the energy to unpick him at the moment. He walks out the kitchen and out the front door without saying another word.

After a few minutes of trying to process what just happened, she finally heads back outside, but is stopped when Miles walks through the doorway.

"Hey I think I'm just gonna go, I don't really know what Matts deal is, but I'm not getting in the middle of it" he scowls when he says matts name, Cassie doesn't like that.
"Oh ok, hey sorry about him" she forces a smile.

He returns it before nodding, before handing the girl a piece of paper. "There's my number, text me sometimes" he winks, and then walks out the front door the same way Matt did.

Cassie remains glued against the refrigerator. Miles Barker just gave her his number. Oh. My. God. She grins.

She grins, even though it's killing her that she actually upset Matt, she hadn't meant to, but she did. She brushes the thought away and goes back outside like nothing happened . She tells Nick and Chris that Matt left and they both rolled their eyes and gave each other a look, a knowing kind of look.

She decided not to look to much into it because she couldn't hold it in anymore, Her brother had gone inside already and there was nothing stopping her. "MILES GAVE ME HIS NUMBER" she squeals.

HEY 💟
sorry this chapter was kinda long but oh well

angst is building!!!!!

I'm so excited about this book so
I hope you guys love it as much as I do

mels<3