𝟐𝟗~ 𝐚 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟗
[real life]

Valerie shakes her head at Chris, who was playing on the pool floaties like a little child. "Hey Val- why the fuck is Stella-" Chris starts but is interrupted when a ball is thrown at his head.

"UH, OW?" the boy shouts, Valerie shoots him a look, letting him know he needs to shut up. Cassie is sat, arms folded, her jaw clenched. She actually felt bad about what she said to Stella, she was just trying to help.

The problem was, Cassie didn't want any help, she didn't need it. Everyone was basically fucking gaslighting her into changing her feelings. The fact that Cassie almost fell for it actually disgusts her.

Theres an unspoken tension within the group. They're all sat, looking at either their phones or their laps, in silence. It didn't feel right, it felt unnatural. The only noise surrounding them was Matts phone buzzing every 10 seconds.

It began to irritate Cassie to the point of insanity, "who the fuck keeps texting you" she scoffs at him. Matt looks up at her, taken aback by her forwardness.

He stares back at the girl without a word. "Well?" she huffs. The group look around at eachother. Matt sighs,"Alexia."

Cassie's eyes widen, another girl was texting Matt. "Alexia Hill?" She says through gritted teeth, was he fucking kidding?. "Yeah" Matt replies awkwardly. Cassie clenches her hands into fists, she bites the inside of her cheek to stop herself from saying something she'd regret.

Alexia was actually a nice girl, which is was made things 10 times worse. Cassie gets up from her seat and storms inside the house, Valerie gets up and follows her ,but Stella stays seated, not wanted to get yelled at again.

Nick and Chris stares at Matt in shock, "what. the. fuck." Nick fumes. Matt just shrugs, which enrages his brothers even more. "BRO" Chris throws his hands in the air.

"you were supposed to keep a distance, NOT TALK TO ANOTHER GIRL? your so fucking stupid i can't" Stella burys her face in her hands.

Matt just shakes his head, "shes made it clear she's not interested in me, why should i wait around for something thats never gonna happen" He scoffs.

Chris groans at his brothers stupidity, and he thought he was the dumb one.

Cassie has locked herself in the bathroom, despite Valerie knocking on the door repeatedly, pleading for her to come out, but the girl didn't budge. Cassie was so unbelievably confused at this point.

She needed a break, thats what she needed, a fucking break. Cassie turns around, opens the door, and walks straight past Valerie, straight out the door.

And then she runs. Cassie doesn't even know where she's going, she just runs somewhere. Then she knows.

She sits down on the swing and takes a deep breath. Cassie used to come to this park when she was younger, specifically with Matt. They would come here every day after school because she didn't want to go home straight away.

The pair would sit on the swings and see who could go highest. That was a different time, a time where Matt meant something to her.