𝟑𝟎~𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐠𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟎
[real life, iMessage]

11 years ago
___________________________________

"Come on, we gotta go my moms gonna be so mad" Matt frowns, tugging on the girls arm. She doesn't budge, she stays sitting on the swing, her bottom lip sticking slightly out into a small pout.

He recognises the girls mood change and takes a seat on the swing next to her. "What is it Cass?" Matt sighs. "I don't wanna go home yet, can we just take a break for a little while?" she replies, looking at him, wide eyed.

Matt reaches out for her hand and squeezes it, "yeah sure, we can stay for as long as you want" he smiles. Cassie's face immediately lights up, "Okay good, i bet i can go higher than you this time" she giggles.

Matt grins, "really, i'll bet my blue sour gummy ball that you can't" he challenges. Cassie nods in agreement. They both begin to swing their legs back and forth, aiming to get higher than the other.

Small giggles escape them, "im winning" Cassie yells at the top of her lungs. "no ur not doofus" Matt shouts back.

Cassie sticks her tongue out at him, making Matt break into more giggles. They pair yell and laugh until they can barley breathe.

Matt and Cassie lay sprawled out on the grass, looking up at the clouds. A small finger points to a particularly fluffy one , "that one looks like trevor" Cassie smiles. "yeah, it kinda does" the boy sighs.

"Matt" The girl mumbles, he turns to face her. "What?" he replies. "Can i stay over yours tonight?" she pleads, her lips forming a pout once again.

"yeah sure, i'll ask my mom but im sure she'll say yes" Matt half smiles at her. Cassie nods and gets up of the ground. "cmon your moms gonna be so mad" She says in a mocking tone.

Matt rolls his eyes and reaches out his hand for her to pull him up. As soon as the boy is on his feet, Cassie places a quick peck on his cheek, then quickly grows bright red.

"Ok lets go" she says, quickly changing the subject. Matt nods, unable to get any words out. When Cassie turns away from the boy, he touches the place on his cheek and smiles, then runs to catch up with her.

Cassie lays in that same position with Matt, recognising the exact moment she realised that she liked him. The memory makes her smile, but she brushes it out of her head. "We can go now" she sighs, sitting up.

The girl reaches out her hand to help Matt get up, she knew exactly what she was doing, subconsciously anyway. He looks back at her, wide eyed, accepting her gesture . He thought back to all the times they'd been in this place together and hoped it would bring back some memories for Cassie aswell.

They walk back together, listening to the sound of the soft breeze and chirps from the crickets. "I never knew how much a heart could ache, until the day you walked out of my life." Cassie blurts out.

Matts breath hitches at the sound of her voice. "i never left, Cass" the boy replies. A frown immediately takes over Cassie's face, his words pulling at her heart.

Instead of replying, she pulls out her airpods, places them in her ears and begins to play fine line by Harry Styles, letting herself sink into the music.

Matt watches the girls face in the moonlight, her lips were so perfect, like two hearts placed so beautifully together. He could stare at them for hours. The more Matt stares, the more he longs to have them. The boy forces himself to turn away. He looks up at the moon as it always reminded him of Cassie, angelic and lustrous, something that stood out.

When they arrived back at the house, the group was snuggled up on the couch, eating ice cream sundaes. "Where the fuck did you get those" Matt asks as he walks into the living room. Chris turns, his mouth covered in chocolate sauce, "Stella and Nick made them, theres stuff left in the kitchen if you want one" he replies.

Thats all Cassie needs to hear, after the day she'd had, an ice cream sundae sounded great. Matt follows after her hesitantly. The boy stands in the doorway as she plops a few scoops of vanilla ice cream into a bowl.

"You know i don't like Alexia, right?" Matt speaks, making the girl look up at him. She doesn't respond, instead, she picks up the bottle of chocolate syrup and began to drizzle it into the bowl.

"Cassie," Matt adds, his voice trailing into a saddened breath. Again, she ignores him, this time placing a few bananas in the mixture. Matt starts to grow frustrated with her spitefulness. He brings his hands to the back of his neck.

"Cassie for fuck sake, so what a girl was texting me, you were the one who told me to get over you, lets not forget that," He scoffs.

She clenches her jaw and places her hands on her hips. "Yeah Matt, you're right, i did tell you that didn't i? I am in the wrong here, so you go date whoever the fuck you want, just stay the fuck away from me." Cassie says sarcastically, then grabs her sundae and storms out of the room, purposely nudging him on the way.

The boy leans back against the wall and closes his eyes, she was right, he needed to get over her. Matt pulls out his phone and finally opens the messages he had been ignoring all day.

iMessage 💬

𝐀𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐚

𝐀𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐚
i thought maybe we could hang out some time?
its ok if not
hello?
matt?

Me
yeah sure

Alexia
ok great!
where did you go?

Me
sorry i was kinda busy

Alexia
oh ok cool

Alexia started a game of 8 ball

Alexia requested you to join 8 ball

Matt stares at his screen for a moment. 8 ball was his and Cassie's thing. His face quickly fell into frown. If he was ever going to let her go, he had to stop comparing everything to her.

iMessage 💬

𝐀𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐢a

Matt joined 8 ball

hey💟
erm haha
sorry!
mels<3