𝟑𝟖~𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐦 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟖
[real life]

Cassie wakes up pretty normally before she realises what day it is. She makes some coffee, has a shower, brushes her teeth and gets dressed. It only occurs to her what her plans for the day are when Matt walks into her room.

"You ready?" He asks, leaning on the doorframe, eyeing her as she curls her eyelashes. "Shit i completely forgot" Cassie's eyes widen as she quickly checks the time on her phone, which reads 11:27am

"Well your supposed to meet him at 12 so hurry up" Matt smirks a little, trying to be a little lighthearted about the situation as he knew Cassie was stressed.

The girl smiles and nods, before closing her eyes and attempting to steady her breath. Matt takes that as his queue to leave, Cassie obviously needed some space in this moment.

After 15 minutes, the girl was standing by the door ready to leave, picking on her finger nails and biting her bottom lip. Matt opens the front door for her and gently guides her towards the car, he could practically hear her heartbeat racing. Cassie sits in the passager seat, her eyes follow matt as he shuts her door and heads over to the drivers seat.

They sit in silence for a few minutes, before Matt finally starts the car and begins to back out of the driveway. "Matt," Cassie says timidly, turning to the boy with wide eyes and shaky hands. "Yeah?" he replies, concerened, "I don't think i can go in alone, if you don't wanna wait in the car, could you come in with me?" She stutters slightly.

"Of course" he gives her a sympathetic smile and continues to drive. When they finally arrive at the Starbucks they were meeting him at, they dont leave immediately, they sit in the car for a couple minutes. Was he already in there? How will i know who he is? Will i recognise him? Will he recognise me? Questions begin to flood Cassies mind, making her palms sweat and breath shake.

Matt notices the anxious look on her face and contemplates for a moment. The boy grabs onto her hand and begins to stroke his thumb back and forth, attempting to calm her down. "Hey, look at me, if your having second thoughts thats okay, we can always turn back, but if your really set on this, i'll be right beside you the entire time" Matt says reasurringly.

Cassie nods slightly and gives Matt an appreciative smile, "im ready, we can go now".

Without another word, the pair exit the car, still hand im hand, and walk over to the Starbucks.  Matt can feel Cassies sweaty palms but only holds her hand tighter. As they enter the place, they both scan the area, both wondering how they would even begin to recognise they man.

But then Cassies breath hitches slightly. A man with a scruffy beard and big dark eyes is sat in a chair, sipping on a cup of coffee, and for some odd reason, Cassie just knows that its him. Her father.

As if sensing her presence, the man looks up, straight at her, his eyes widen and he stands up. "Cass?" He sighs, his voice breaking a little. The girl manages to nod slightly but she couldnt get her body to move. She stands there and stares, still latched onto Matts hand, squeezing it tightly.

Cassie contains herself and walks over to where the man is sat. "Hi" she says, somewhat awkwardly, giving him a tight lipped smile. Her father has a kind face, unlike what Cassie had imagined, or what her mother described him to be. "Your so grown up, your beautiful Cass" He smiles, fully embracing her, she smiles back at him.

"And whos this" the man questions, eyeing Matt wonderingly. "This is Matt" She replies. "Nice to meet you, Matt" He adds, holding his hand to shake it, Matt does the same. "He your boyfriend?" Her father asks, filling the air with tension. Cassie's breath hitches and she avoids eye-contact with the boy. "Uh no, just friends" She replies awkwardly.

Her father glances from her to Matt a couple times before signalling for Cassie to sit down, which she does. "So, hows your Mother?" He asks. Cassie looks up at Matt, then back at the man. "She fine" Cassie sighs, deciding not to burden him with her mothers drama. Her father nods.

"Well im sure shes told you all the awful things about me, and i won't lie and say they're all nonsense, they're atleast half true, i was not the ideal father thats for sure, but ive been trying to reach out for a long time, i want to atleast try to fix things between us, Cass, i want to get to know you, and i know you may not be ready for that yet, but i just want you to text me or call me whenever you feel like it. I know Charlie doesn't want to see me and i get that, but i would love to get to know him aswell. I'd love if you'd tell him that." Her father says, seeming genuine.

Cassie's eyes well with tears, she takes a deep, shaky breath. "I will, thank you for calling, to be honest i don't know if im ready yet, but i will be eventually, i want to tell you everything, and i want to hear everything from you too, just not yet. I promise to call you when im ready." The girl manages to string out, a tear rolls down her face but she wipes it away quickly. Her father gives her an uplifting smile, letting her know its okay for her to leave.

Cassie nods and looks up at Matt, who immediately grabs her hand and pulls her up. She looks up at him and mouths "thank you," before turning back towards her father. "Bye" she sighs, too which he replies with the same. She turns to begin to walk away but stops suddenly and find herself facing the man once again. "Whats your name?" she questions, realising that she actually didn't know it.

He doesn't look taken aback though, just smiles, "John, John Reyes."

Cassie nods, then turns back around to walk away. On the way back to the car, the pair don't speak, the walk, hand in hand, in total silence. They get into the car, but Matt doesn't start it yet, he gives Cassie a minute first. She looks up at the blue eyed boy and quickly bursts into a loud sob. He immediately jumps out of his seat and slides himself onto hers, squeezing himself uncomfortably onto the edge.

Cassie makes room for him and latches on to his arm, burying her face in his sweater. He wraps his arm around her and just lets her cry.

hey...
its been a hot minute!
IM SO SORRY LMFAO
i am back now i promise i js took a couple months off bc i had alot of stuff going on
i hope everyone had a great christmas (if you celebrate it)
also were almost at 20k what the hell ty??
okay love u all lots xxx