Splendor x Queen Xenomorph Reader

The more he thought about it the stranger it seemed to have kept you as a pet. You were intelligent but you had no way of speaking to him through human tongue. Something your species hadn't figured out how to do yet. So, you just growled and roared when you wanted to talk. You also tended to make clicking noises but only with Splendor as he knew what you wanted and he was the only creature you trusted. He couldn't believe you had warmed up to him so quickly after he and many others broke you out of a secret military base where other creatures were being held. All of you had clearly been experimented on.

You were the most aggressive creature there when they tried freeing you, the building collapsing down around everyone while you cowered and snarled in a corner. Everyone else was ready to leave you to fend for yourself but he wasn't so he told them to go while he worked with you. He could handle this. He slowly approached you in his tallest form as he walked towards you. Splendor wasn't being aggressive but you still snarled and swiped at him with bleeding claws. You must have just gotten them trimmed hours before he and the other creatures busted in.

Once he approached you he carefully leaned down to better match your height and talked to you gently. Even while the building was collapsing down around him he refused to leave without you. Besides, even if you didn't come and the building did collapse it wasn't as if he didn't have an escape route for the two of you. Even if he was risking his life he still took his time. You'd swipe every time he got too close to you but after narrowly avoiding a collapsing ceiling you seemed to trust him more. Albeit a slow walk you still followed him out of the burning facility.

He brought you with to his home after that as he was the only one you'd listen to or even try to interact with. You were protective of him and he knew he had to be careful with that. He tried socializing you several times but after several near misses with some of the creepypasta he and Slender decided you were best on your own with Splendor. Away from where other creatures would be around you. Splendor figured you would be best with him or else you might not even be alive. You weren't a bad creature. Just a terrified one with lots of trauma.

You would make small noises to communicate with him and he eventually learned what each one meant. He had to supply the occasional human for you to eat or he'd just take you hunting with him when it came to be that time. He found you adjusted well to his schedules and he'd left you alone at the mansion a few times while he ran errands. You hadn't completely destroyed the place the first time so he felt fine leaving you by yourself.

"Y/N!" Splendor calls as he pushes through the door with groceries in hand. "Sorry I'm late! Ummm, I had an emergency and I kind of wanted to try something!"

He grins when you come into the kitchen upon his call, chuckling at the happy clicks you give him. He sets the groceries down and comes to gently pet your head before he takes a deep breath.

"Okay, I brought someone and before you freak out I want you to meet them first," Splendor explains. "Be good and stay right there."

He's relieved when you listen and he retreats back to the door where he opens it all the way. Your neck tilts to the side, Splendor watching you sniff the air before flattening down to appear less intimidating. Yes! This might just work. He listens to your quiet clicking almost like you were purring, Splendor looking to the kid who's staring at you with wide eyes.

"Is she nice?" He asks Splendor as he takes a hesitant step into the mansion.

"She can be," Splendor offers weakly. "This is a test Matt and she seems to be passing so far."

"I'm a sacrifice?" Matt gasps despite the grin on his lips as he slowly walks to you with a raised hand. "Can I pet you?"

"Sorry. You're the one I trusted most with this," Splendor admits with an embarrassed laugh. "Y/N, this is Matt."

"Hi Y/N!" Matt grins, offering out his hand to you.

Splendor watches as you give excited clicks and move your head to meet with Matt's hand, a relieved sigh leaving him. He could still bring children around you. It was important he find this out before something happens and he has no choice but to utilize his mansion for it. He smiles softly as you let Matt look and feel over your body, noises of approval coming from you. He thought of this on a whim because you were showing nesting habits around him. You wanted to be a mother and there wasn't much he could do except give you some pseudo kids to help appease you. Matt was his best chance because the kid isn't afraid of anything.

He did things that gave Splendor freaking heart attacks! Still, he would be able to protect Matt had you actually been aggressive. He was happy it's going so well, heading into the kitchen as you and Matt get to know each other. He makes Matt's favorite chicken tacos while he leaves you two be. He still listens out for you and Matt. You were doing so well! By the end of the night Splendor is completely relaxed. He didn't have to stop doing what he loves just because his pet didn't tend to like people! Okay, he probably shouldn't put it that way but he had grown very attached to you. He didn't like the idea of you getting killed off just because humans treated you so poorly you had a hard time trusting anybody.

"Come on. Bed time," He announces, laughing when you grab Matt by the back of his shirt almost like a mother cat does with her baby, and carrying him to the bedroom.

"Hey! I can walk!" Matt laughs. "I'm not a baby!"

"She says otherwise," Slender tells Matt after a few clicks from you.

"You can understand her?!" Matt gasps when he's plopped down into Splendor's bed. "Please teach me!"

"Promise not to make another escape attempt and it's a deal," Splendor tells Matt, smiling when the child pouts and you growl back at him. "Y/N, no. He can't do that or we'll never see him again."

"Not if you kept me," Matt mumbles, petting your head when you lay it in his lap.

"Matt, you know I can't right now," Splendor sighs. "I could get into a lot of trouble if anyone ever finds out I'm where you go when you run away. We'll find you a good family. I always do."

"You're the only good family I have! Why can't you officially adopt me?! Do you not want me as your kid?! All these foster homes and no one wants me!" He yells as tears stream down his cheeks. "No one wants me!"

"Matt! That's not true!" Splendor cries as he grabs Matt's hands. "I want you! I'm.....!"

Splendor is cut off when you bound off the bed and go to his desk. You bring back a blue folder and proudly lay it in front of Matt, a heavy sigh leaving Splendor. Not a good time for this Y/N. You watching as Matt opens the folder to look through it, Splendor fidgeting with his hands in place.

"I'm working on it. It's supposed to be done by your birthday. I was waiting as a surprise," Splendor explains to a wide eyed Matt. "I'm sorry. If I had known this was what you've been thinking I......"

"The bigger kids make fun of me. Everyone likes you so they tell me if you won't adopt me then why would anyone else?" Matt explains, wiping at his eyes. "I....didn't know how badly I actually wanted that until they said it out loud."

"I'm sorry I kept quiet about it," Splendor sighs with a soft smile. "I'm an idiot."

"N-No! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to ruin the surprise," Matt says with a smile. "I can't wait."

Splendor grins and pulls Matt into a hug, chuckling when you click happily and curl around them in your way of giving a hug. He knew you were smart but he didn't realize just how smart you are. You may not be able to speak but you sure as hell knew how to read.

"I'll talk to Miss Julie tomorrow if you can be housed with me even though the adoption isn't finalized," Splendor explains. "I know it's rough waiting but just a little more time. Okay?"

"Only if I get to come over everyday from school," Matt insists. "I wanna spend more time with Y/N. If she's okay with it?"

Splendor chuckles when Y/N makes happy clicks and nuzzles her head into Matt's hands. "She agrees that you can."

"Yay!" Matt chirps as he hugs you.

Splendor gives you both a smile. Picking out a movie before he lays with Matt while you curl around them. He was relieved. This would work after all.