Slender Brothers x Abandoned Lamia Child Reader

"What are we hunting for again?" Offender asks as he eyes the forest floor.

"Mushrooms!" Splendor chirps as he looks through various bushes. "They're red and purple."

"Why?" Trender asks, wrinkling his face in annoyance when he looks at the mud on his shoes.

"Aren't they poisonous anyway?" Slender remarks. "Are you planning to kill someone?"

"What?! No! It's for one of the children. She mentioned wanting it again and I wanted to surprise her," Splendor explains. "But I can't look for it by myself. The more eyes the better."

"Boring," Offender groans. "Don't you have human friends to help with that?"

"And what am I supposed to tell them?"
Splendor points out. "I take care of children. Not dabble in poisonous plants."

"Stop," Slender suddenly hisses, everyone freezing and going silent.

What sounds like scales slithering on the forest floor reaches all of them, the four easily recognizing the skitter of rat feet hurrying as well. Splendor is first to react, pulling all of his brothers out of the way. Suddenly, a small creature lunges forward as a rat passes them by, a loud scream like squeak leaving the rat before it's dead. Splendor is amazed as he watches the young creature devour the rat. They're a complete mess, almost as if they'd been living in the wilderness a while.

"Looks like another kid for you," Slender points out, startling the young creature.

Before it has a chance to bolt Splendor stops it by stepping in front of the child.

"Hey, don't be afraid," Splendor calls out gently.

The child desperately looks around for an escape but doesn't find one as all of the brothers surround it.

"Don't.......hurt......please," The small creature manages to get out.

Splendor kneels down, frowning for a moment when they flinch away from him. So, he's very gentle as he rests his hand on the child's cheek, guiding them to look at him.

"Say, do you like bubble baths?" Splendor asks with a smile.

"How do you mix bubbles and bath time?" The child asks with a giggle. "That's just silly."

"Why don't I show you? After, if you're hungry, I can make you something to eat," Splendor offers. "You're a Lamia, right?"

"Yes," They tell him with a nod of their head. "I can remember that much!"

"Good. Do you remember your name? Tell me, how did you end up here?" Splendor asks, scooping the child into his arms.

"I'm Y/N! My mommy dropped me off and said she forgot something in the car. So I waited and waited but she never came back. I got hungry and left for a few seconds to get food! It was real quick!" The child insists. "But she hasn't come back."

"Is your mommy a Lamia too?" Slender asks, gaining the child's attention.

"No. Daddy was though he became an Angel with mommy. First mommy? She was one too," They explain as best they can.

"Do you know how long you've been out here?" Trender asks gently, offering the child a small doll made of thread.

Splendor is amazed. Trender was pretty good with kids too. He'd have to ask his brother to help make some toys sometime. Every new child got a stuffed animal when they arrive. Splendor of course had done prior research and figured out the favorite animals and such of the kids. It was a way to help them relax. His home was essentially an orphanage for kids but Splendor made sure they were never hurting. He opened it a few years after the monsters had come out of hiding. Turns out there were a lot of monster children that needed a good home. Splendor had even seen a few go off and start their lives!