Slender x Single Mother Reader

S/N: Son's Name

"New target?" Splendor asks, pausing to see what had his brother's attention.

"Something like that," Slender replies. "Single mom. Comes from an abusive childhood and relationships. Still trying to find out why she's single."

"Probably the abuse," Splendor points out.

"Mmm," Slender hums, continuing to lean against the tree he was up against.

"S/N!" She calls out when he wanders too close to the woods. "Baby, you know better than to wander to the trees."

"Why?" Your eight year old whines. "Why's here different but not when we go camping?"

"These woods just have monsters in them," She offers as a reply.

She wasn't completely wrong. This forest did in fact harbor monsters. Still, Slender didn't think he was the monster she was referring to. He wanted to exit the trees and greet her but that wasn't likely to go over very well. Sure, monsters were more accepted, but that didn't stop them from being outcasts. From what he's seen she's made a very nice life for herself and her son, something he didn't want to mess up. Still, he couldn't resist watching her. Admiring everything about her.

"You....gonna go say hi?" Splendor whispers to his brother. "She has a lot in common with you."

"You know her?" Slender cries out in shock. "How?!"

"Her son stays at my daycare in the afternoons. Both are super nice. He loves helping," Splendor explains with a soft smile. "I can introduce you."

"As my human self? I don't think so," Slender huffs.

"Why your human self? She's very accepting of monsters," Splendor remarks. "She'd be fine meeting you. Interested even."

"Really?" Slender asks. "She's interested in meeting me?"

"She's met everyone else already," Splendor laughs. "So, she's curious about the big brother we all talk about."

"Seriously? Am I the last to know about this woman? I've been watching her for months," Slender groans.

"You know that's kinda creepy right?" Splendor reminds his brother, amused how idiotic he can be about humans.

"Not if she doesn't know," He replies. "That's the whole point."

"Let's go," Splendor groans, grabbing his brother by the back of the collar and dragging him deeper into the trees. "I'll shoot her a text. The three of you can go out to lunch."

"You think she'd really meet me?" Slender asks, unable to hide the hope in his voice.

"Oh yeah. She totally will," Splendor smiles. "Oh! Look at that. She messaged back. How does this weekend sound? Also, can she have your number?"

"She wants MY number?!" Slender gasps in shock.

"Probably to communicate with you," Splendor points out, chuckling when Slender's shoulders sag. "But I'm sure it's a way to get your number as well."

Slender cheers up at those words the two of them heading back to Slender's mansion. Splendor goes off to play with Sally while Slender returns to his study. He lights up when he gets a text from an unfamiliar number, happy when Y/N adds in her text that it was her. He spends the next few hours just texting back and forth with her. She asks about meeting at a park with her son on Saturday and he readily agrees to do so. He was excited to meet her son as well with how much Splendor raved about him. Slender is Al make giddy the rest of the week, constantly talking to Y/N whenever she has time to text him.