01

McQueen swore everything is going to go smoothly. But the poor young man is too over-confident in himself.

His veins are pulsating with the sense of anger hitting his rapid heartbeat. His body leant against his bright red racing car.

All his blue eyes could do was stare. Just stare with a burning sensation of hatred and jealousy at the other young man, Jackson Storm.

Currently Jackson storm is leant against his own darkened black car – chatting up a conversation with the news reporters and press.

Jackson Storm has recently beaten  Lighting McQueen's speed records that were on the charts.

But now a brand new season was about to began. The piston cup race.

McQueen can only just glare daggers at Storm for a moment before his look quickly softened when the dark haired male approached the blondish red-head.

"McQueen, was it?" Jackson asked.

"Yes, I'm McQueen. Of course. I'm Lighting McQueen."Lighting responded with a small confident smirk.

"Ah–hah. I know ya. You're still a rookie yourself, I heard." Jackson lightly crossed his arms with an eyebrow.

Lighting rolled his eyes. "A rookie? Pfft – I'm more than a rookie, by now. Im an expert in racing."

Jackson held back his laughter as he shakes his head loosely. "Don't get too confident, Hotrod."

"Same goes to you, Storm." Lighting snapped back and stressfully ran a hand through his messy hair.

"Well its nice to beat you." Jackson replied and stepped back into the direction to his car.

"Heh? Did you mean to say meet or beat?" Lighting asked lightheartedly.

A flat line grows onto Jackson's face as he stared intensely into McQueen's eyes.

"You know what i said." Jackson hissed in reply and walked away back to the news reporters and press.

Lighting scoffed. "That jerk." He mumbled underneath his breath. But the tension leaves his shoulders when a woman approached him.

Sally.

His blue eyes lifted up and eyed her with happiness. "Hey, Sal!" He greeted his girlfriend as he went over.

He wrapped his arms around the woman dressed in all blue. She returned the hug.

Then quickly pulled back. She asked with a pinch of concern. "Did he say anything rude to you?"

McQueen blinked in disbelief. A soft chuckle escaped out of his lips. "Haha. What?"

"Was he rude to you." Sally repeated the question. Her hands reaching out and lacing her fingers in with McQueen's.

"Nah, no. Not at all." McQueen calmly responded. "Let's get back to the hotel. Mater probably excited to see me."

A smile rises on Sally's face as she nodded in agreement. She hugged her boyfriend's arm as the two began to walk together.

Lighting halted his steps when he noticed Mack.  "Hey, Mack! Pick up the car would ya?! Make sure it's ready for the race tomorrow!"

"You got it buddy!" Mack responded and that came closure to the short conversation the two had.

Suddenly Storm called out to Lighting. "May the best car win!"

McQueen heard and laughed in anger. "That certainly will be mine!" He shouted back.

Sally sighed. At this point she is tugging her boyfriend now in the direction of the hotel.

"C'mon, don't let him get to you."
"Baby, let's go."
"Stop it, Lighting."
"C'mon!"

Storm and McQueen are currently shouting profanities out at each other. But it came to a end once McQueen sees the hotel in front of him.

"Holy shoot! This place is huge!" Lighting exclaimed in shock as he is eyeing the building.

Sally laughed softly. "Only for the best. Now c'mon, Stickers. We gotta get you rested for the big race tomorrow."

McQueen snapped out of his trance. He lightly shakes his head. "Right. Right." He mumbled.

Sally and Lighting entered the hotel and got signed in. Arriving at the hotel room that they are sharing with Mater and Doc Hudson.

Before the door is opened, the couple stared at each other lovingly. They leaned in for a short kiss and then pulled back.

Soon after, they entered the hotel room.