05

After this heaviness of occuring events, it just got even more tense from there. Just in, McQueen's friend's came rushing in the room.

"McQueen! You havin' us worried 'Bout ya! Glad to see you awaken upwards!" Mater exclaimed happily. Not even realizing about Jackson in the corner of the hospital room.

Doc most importantly was angry. The older man crossed his arms and turned on his heel to look at Jackson.

Sally on the other hand went over and knelt down. She kissed Lighting's head.

"You had me worried sick about you." Sally admitted to the weakened hospital patient.

McQueen sighed with a smile. "Oh Sal, mostly my car got the damages.. wait. Doc?"

Doc turned his head after glaring at Jackson for a brief moment. "Yeah, Kiddo?"

"How's my car? Is it okay? Repaired?" Lighting asks the set of questions. His lips slightly trembled as he held his tears back.

Doc gave a sympathetic smile. "It's in the repair shop with Guido, Ramone and Luigi. Mack is even out there tryna fix it up with them."

Lighting sighed in relief. Sitting up fully in his hospital bed. "Well good..." He trailed off.

"You don't want to quit racing?"

Everyone's heads turned to look at the person who asked. Jackson. Mater spoke up at this point.

"He Lighting McQueen, Storm! 'Course he dont! Yer crazy for thinking 'bout that 'bout my buddy!" Mater says back to Jackson Storm.

"Why, do you want him to quit or something?" Sally asked. Her voice piping up with anger.

Jackson nervously laughed. "No, No! Of course I don't! It's just for his safety. You know? Don't want him to end up like in Doc's situation."

Everyone grew silent.
Jackson knew he stepped too far.
Again.

Lighting cleared his throat. Which caused everyone to turn their heads back at the hospital patient.

Sally brushed her thumb into Lighting's hand. Fidgeting with the IV tube carefully.

Her voice sounded so hesitant, but she asked the question anyway.

"Jackson is kinda right.... Do you really want to get hurt again? I'm worried that you're going end up hurt even worse than this!" Sally exclaimed in worry.

"Sal, baby. I will be fine. It's just a few scratches." McQueen responded so causally. Sally scoffed at this.

Mater whispered into Doc's ear. "Uh–oh.. look like der 'bout a fight." Doc hummed in unamusement.

"Jackson, come with me. Mater? You too." Doc says as the couple began to bicker with each other in the background.

Jackson, Mater and Doc leave the hospital room and wait in the hall.