09

Mater and Lighting are currently at the farm. Cows are sleeping peacefully. The two are holding airhorns.

"Watch 'dis!" Mater grinned as he went over to a cow that has black and white patches. Asleep peacefully.

Mater blasted his airhorn. Making the cow moo in a frantic awaken. The two best friends began to laugh.

"That's funny!" Mater exclaimed. "Alright, now you go on and try."

Lighting looked hesitant for a moment. "Oh I dunno.. been awhile since I've done this."

"Baby." Mater teased and proceeded to make chicken sissy noises. Lighting McQueen groaned. "Oh alright! I'll honk the horn! Actually.. give me yours too."

"Woowee! Someone feeling frisky???" Mater laughed as he handed McQueen his airhorn.

McQueen takes a deep breath as he quietly tiptoes himself to a crowd of sleeping cows.

Mater held back his laughter as he heard McQueen use both airhorns and blasted into the silence of the darkness of the farm.

The cows woke up. But....

Soon after this, the cows looked angry. Mater went wide eyed and shouted. "McQueen! We gotta get runnin'!"

"Ahhh!" Lighting screamed as the herd of cows began chasing him and Mater. Mater hysterically laughed as he held hands with his best friend.

The two quickened their pace as they screamed in enjoyment and fear all at the same time.

Cows chasing on their tails before Mater and Lighting hopped the fence. The cows halted at the fence's entrance.

Cluelessly watching the jokester humans leave their peaceful land. They eventually walked back to their field and went back to sleep after the disturbance.

Halfway on their walk now, McQueen felt this rush of sadness. His blue eyes looked down to the pavemented road.

"Yer okay?" Mater asked. His hazel eyes looking at his best friend. The two halted their steps.

"No, Mater. I'm not okay." Lighting replied after a few moments of silence.  Mater placed a hand onto Lighting's shoulder.

"Well what's botherin' ya, hm?" Mater asked. Lighting scratched the back of his head.

"The way Sal was looking at the screen when Francesco popped up. It was odd. Then she looked at me. But.. not looked at me. You know what I'm saying?"

Mater is beyond confused. But he went along with it. "Oh uh! Sure I do!" He responded after trying to process what it meant.

"Then there's Jackson..." McQueen trailed off. He bit his bottom lip as a sudden blush rises to his face.

Mater noticed the redness on Mcqueens face. He was as red as his race car at this point.

"Oh-hohhhh! I see now." Mater grinned. Lighting looked confused. He looked at the driver of the tow truck.

"What?" Lighting asks. Mater tipped his hat back as he replied. "that's the new feelin' of love out there."

"WHAT?!" Lighting screamed out in shock. Mater began to laugh and smile. "Yeah! 'Das definitely love in that face of yours!"

"No! No! No!" Lighting flusters as he shakes his head. "There's no way I like Storm!"

Mater began to suddenly run in the direction of the small town. Laughing as he hollers out to Lighting.

"McQueen got'a crusher! McQueen got'a sweet, crusher on a man!"

"Mater! Stop it!" Lighting screeched out as they reached into the town. He tackled the tow-trucker down to the road.

Jackson is still awake. In fact he waited for McQueen to return so the two can talk again.

He watched the friendship between Lighting and Mater. Chuckling under his breath. But his dark gaze slowly traveled to look at just Lighting.

Seeing Lighting's face is red just as his(McQueen's) car. He couldn't really make out what they were freaking out about however.

Soon enough, McQueen gets himself off of Mater and whacked his best friend's head.

"I have Sal! Remember?!" McQueen scolded in a soft whisper. Mater raised an eyebrow. "Yer right. But..."

"But?" Lighting blinked as he stared at his best friend.

"But just like ya, she got a new eye for somebody else. Ya hear?" Mater replied.

It all made sense now.