08

"Sal...." McQueen trailed as she raised her hands in the air and lets out a screech of anger.

"So that's what that's all about?! Your stupid  rivalry between you and Storm?! Im your girlfriend for damn sake! And all you care about is the races when I'm trying to take care of you!" Sally screeched back with tears rolling down her face.

"Sally! I..." McQueen felt this burning rage began to fill his chest. But it was soon enough ended when Mater suddenly opened the door.

"Hiya Lovey birdies! Erm, you might'a want to check the screen out front with Sheriff and Doc... 'Parrently there's a new race gon' happen in Italy and McQueen is uh, gotta get goin' 'dere."

Mater explained with his heartwarming buck-toothed grin. He then ran out. Hollering out, "McQueen!  A new driver is be taking 'bout ya!"

McQueen sighed as he eyed Sally for a moment before he walked out. Sally suddenly felt curious and followed her boyfriend.

The couple approached Sheriff, Doc, and Mater. All seated and looking at the television screen.

"Hey. That's Francesco." Lighting acknowledged as he is watching the screen.

In the Cozy Cone however, the window is still open. Jackson is watching from the inside.

Suddenly Sally's feelings changed. Her eyes gazing lovingly at the man she sees on screen.

"That's the Francesco!" Sally swooned as she eyed the screen. Lighting looked over. "The?"

Sally nodded her head happily. "Oh yes, McQueen. His Ferrari is such a purr! Makes such a pretty sound... Oh McQueen, you gotta let me be there in the crowd and watch you race him!"

"Oh I don't know...." McQueen hesitated in reply. Sally looked over at her boyfriend. But her eyes... Didn't show love anymore.

Lighting noticed that. He felt a weird feeling. But shrugged it off and replied.

"Oh well, I don't see why not. But I thought you were worried about me racing out on the track?" He questioned her.

Sally rolled her eyes. "Forgiven. All forgotten. Francesco is going to be racing against you!!" She cheered and swooned again.

Lighting forced a smile on his face. "Right! Right. But he'll be an easy cake to slice up and destroy. My lighting bolt is going to be so quick with speed that he'll never know what hit him!" He says with overconfidence. A fist in the air as he hollered in cheerfulness.

"Well. If you are willing to race again you should know to be careful this time. Try not to fall over with Storm's tricks. Don't let him get to your head."  Doc advices. A smile grows on McQueen's face.

"Yeah. Sure, sure. Old man." Lighting replied before he yawned. "Man...I gotta hit the cone. Been a long day."

Mater shuts off the TV. "Long day? Yer just woke up from four months! C'mon, McQueen. Let's do somethin' before ya hit the hay."

"Oh alright, Mater." Lighting replied with a smile. He glanced for  Sally but she already got up and left for bed.

He sighed softly.