11

The week has gone by faster and ever. It is currently time for the race in Italy. Lighting has his car parked at the pits for now. Having Guido and Luigi making sure it was in top shape for this race.

Suddenly he heard Sally's squeal of excitement. He looked around in the crowds. But he can't find his girlfriend.

Lighting furrowed his eyebrows. He looked over to notice Sally is talking with Francesco. Twirling her hair and such.

"You okay, kiddo?" Doc asked as McQueen turned his back on him. "Yeah fine, just make sure my car is ready with them..full of gas too. I'll be right back."

As McQueen walked over to where Francesco and Sally are. He froze. Seeing Sally and Francesco kissing.

News reports and the press taking frantic pictures of the situation before McQueen dashed himself over to the commotion.

"Sally?!" Lighting heartbrokenly scolded her name. The crowds grew silent. The press gone silent.

Even the other pit stop workers stopped working to pay attention.

Jackson Storm closed his car door as he exited the car. Seeing this go down. He felt so bad for Lighting.

Lighting McQueen Deserves Much Better.

Sally quickly pulled back from Francesco. "Oh.. Stickers! Uh–" she tried to make up an excuse but to no success.

Lighting felt so much anger. Not just to Sally. But to Francesco too.  Both of them.

The race car driver that he came all the way here to race with.

Kissed Sally.

"What the hell you think you're doing?!" Lighting shouted. Francesco stepped back. "Francesco just wanted to give miss Sally here a little smooch on her lips Lighting McQueen, Sir."

McQueen turned his head to look at Sally. He started to shout heartbrokenly to her.

"Did you want him to kiss you?! Sally what about me?!  You love me right?! The guy that wrecked your road?! The same guy that drove with you on that little car drive?! The damn race car driver that you wanted to be retired so you can protect?! Huh?!" Lighting felt tears roll down his face.

"None of that matters now." Sally responded with no remorse. But her eyes reflected apologies.

Lighting is in disbelief. He stepped back. His heart shredded into two. "Wh..–What?"

"None of that matters anymore." Sally repeated. She wrapped her arms around Francesco.

"I have moved on, McQueen. I realized this a little while ago.. in fact, I started to date him a few days before this racing event.. online and digital relationship." Sally explained. "I'm so sorry, Stickers."

Lighting held his tears back. Shouting out, "Whatever!!"

Sally gave a smile. "Good luck on your race, Stickers. But I'm taking Francesco's side. He's my new boyfriend after all."

That stung badly in McQueen's heart. He couldn't help himself. He fell right onto the tracks road. Covering his face as he sobs.

Sally sighed. She excused herself from Francesco for a moment and knelt down to Lightning.

"Lighting, come on. Get up. You're stronger than this. Where's the confidence inside of you? I thought you were a one-man show?" She asked.

Lighting clenched his teeth together. Holding his tears back as he choked up, "and I thought you were suppose to stay with me."

"Lighting, McQueen. Things change in the world, honey. I'm so sorry. I moved on. I realized I lost feelings for you. And I'm really sorry. But this is how it's got to be now. I can't force myself to be with you. I won't be happy. And do you want me happy?"

Lighting sniffled and nodded his head. "Yes. I want you to be happy." His voice shakes.