06

McQueen silenced himself. Just staring at his girlfriend with a sudden rush of pain in his blue eyes.

"McQueen, you're being reckless! Maybe you really should retire. It's for the best for you." Sally raised her voice.

"What?! Even my own girlfriend doesn't support me?! Sal! I'm going to continue to race! I choose this!" McQueen bickered back in response.

At this point Sally silenced herself, she stepped back and exited the hospital room.

She quickened her footsteps as she passed the other three in a hurry. Mater was about to call out for her but Doc silenced him.

"Let her go, Mater. They'll make it up." Doc replied. Mater believed this. He nodded. "Yeehoo! Sure they will, Doc! They just in rough patch."

Jackson quietly walked off away from Doc and Mater and went back to the hospital room.

He softly opened the door and entered. Shutting it behind him. Jackson lifted his head. Noticing McQueen laying on his side with a glum expression.

"Hey, Lighting." Jackson greeted as he went over to the bed. He sat onto it. McQueen's back is facing Storm's.

"What do you want." Lighting mumbled as he stared at the window. Looking at the familiar scenery of Radiar Springs. The small little town.

Jackson takes a deep breath. He sets his larger hand onto Lighting's back. It is such a soft and gentle gesture.

Lighting felt a wash of relaxation coax his body. He lets out a soft exhale. While his blue eyes sadly stared out the window.

Watching Sally go into her office for the Cozy Cone and slam the door. A pain hits McQueen's chest. Heartache.

Never in his life he thought he would fight with his girlfriend with the coolest blue Porsche.

"Look at me, McQueen. Not her." Jackson started up his voice again. Lighting hesitated for a moment. Before his action was decided.

He rolled himself over. Tucking up his legs as he eyed up at Jackson. Something..warm, hits McQueen's heart. Fuzzy and warm.

It was strange. He never felt this type of feeling......or has he?

Shaking his head to get rid of his overthinking thoughts. He stared at Jackson. His dirty blond eyebrow raising slightly upwards. Suddenly McQueen felt so .. angry.

"What do you want from me, Storm? All you have done is ruin my life! My career! My reputation! You broke so many of my speeding records! You made me wreck! Now you just want me to quit and retire from my dream?! No! I will beat you! I will win! That piston cup?! It's going to be mine!"

McQueen's raw emotions came out. He even shedded a few tears from his outburst.

"That doesn't matter anymore!" Jackson scolded back. Making McQueen fall silent in his hospital bed. He laughed in disbelief.

"What?"

He mumbled out of his trembling lips. Jackson sighed. "That doesn't matter, anymore. McQueen."

"What?! Of course it-" Lighting is interupted by the pained voice from Jackson.

"No, McQueen. The Piston cup race got cancelled here." Jackson spoke up the truth. Which is the complete truth.

It was all over news papers, radio stations and televisions. But McQueen had no idea until his arch nemesis told him the news.

But was he really a nemesis? Or something.. else? Lighting couldn't wrap his head around his emotions anymore. He is lost.

"Are there any other incoming races? Anything at all? I've been in bed for much too long! I have to get in my car and drive!" Lighting exclaimed in a panic.

Jackson takes a deep breath before a small smile rises to his face.

"There's one race. Three cars. You, me and a Ferrari named Francesco. We have to race in Italy in one week."

Lighting's head turned to glance at the Cozy Cone Motel's sign. "Do you have a place to stay?"

Jackson chuckled.

"Yeah I do. Cozy Cone. Room two."

The room right next to McQueen's.