12

"Then let me go." Sally replied and kissed Lighting's head. "Stay at radiator springs. I'm going to be living here with Francesco."

Lighting sighed heavily. He got up and wiped his face with his bright red race car jacket sleeve.

"I get it. Stop rubbing it anymore. I don't want to hear it." Lighting grumbled as he walked away from her.

Sally sighed as she walked back over to Francesco. She kissed his cheek. "Good luck on your race."

Francesco chuckled. "Francesco don't need no luck. He have skill. Lighting McQueen do not. He be a broken soul. Haha."

Sally rolled her eyes and dashed herself up to the crowds and took a seat on Francesco's side of fans.

Lighting watched for a moment before he accidentally bumped into Jackson. "Gahhh!" He exclaimed and stumbled a bit.

Jackson rubbed his head as he chuckled a bit. "I'm sorry, Lighting. Did I startle you?"

Lighting rolled his blue eyes. "You don't scare me." Jackson sighed as he noticed McQueen's bad mood.

He sets a hand onto Lighting's shoulder. The sudden tension from it quickly left.

"Lighting, that must've hurt. Didn't it?" Jackson asks. Lighting gave a slight nod.

"Yeah. But I'm fine about it now. Made myself a damn embarrassment in front of the damn press. My reputation probably is seen as a crybaby now." Lighting rambled and shakes his head.

"McQueen." Jackson says sternly. Lighting froze up. He slowly lifted his head to make eye contact.

"You're caring about that too much. Don't let anyone get to you. You only know yourself and real being. It's okay to feel this way. It's okay to be angry or sad, or whatever. Change is such a sucky part of life but sometimes change is great!"

Jackson Storm smiled lovingly at Lighting McQueen.

"I mean.. yeah I guess you're right." Lighting mumbled.

But the two heartwarming conversation came to a halt when they heard the engine of Francesco's Ferrari.

"Francesco is tired of waiting for you two! Let us began the race!" Francesco chimed and pressed the gas pedal a few times.

Lighting blinked out of the trance. "Oh shoot! The race! I totally forgot where I.."

He trailed off as he noticed how close him and Jackson are. Their faces both turned red.

"..was." McQueen squeaked out before he stepped back. Jackson chuckled. "I'll see you on the track, Lighting."

Soon after this was noticed. Jackson and Lighting ran to their cars and drove them onto the track. Ready to start the race.

At this point, Lighting didn't feel any pain. No heartbreak. Just anger. He started up his engine with loud roar.

His hands placed on the wheel. His head set on. He glanced at Doc from his window.

"You hear me?" Lighting asked into the mic.

"Loud and clear, Kid." Doc replied.