18

News reports and press eventually moved out of the way and left. Sally walked over to McQueen.

"Hey, McQueen.. can we talk?" Sally asked. Lighting felt a dumbbell of weight hit his heart.

He slightly turned his head to make eye contact with Sally. He hesitated but was reassured when Sally says.

"Its nothing bad. It's about us."

Lighting shrugged his shoulders. He gave in. The two walked together in a much quieter area.

It was just a small hill of grass. The same hill that Jackson is standing at. But he hid himself so he isn't seen by Lighting.

"I thought you would be kissing all up on Francesco making sure his car is all better." Lighting bitterly says as he sits on the grass.

Tucking up his knees as he wrapped his arms around them. Giving them a soft squeeze to calm his nerves.

"That's the thing McQueen. I lied." Sally spoke out the truth. Lighting widened his eyes. He looked over at Sally.

"I don't understand.." Lighting mumbled as he glued his eyes to the lush green grass below him.

"I'm not leaving Radiator Springs, or the Cozy Cone. Or the bestest friends I've ever made. I don't really love Francesco. Yes, his ride may be hot. But his personality is so much...of a jerk." Sally explained and cleared her throat.

"Then why'd you break up with me. Made me cry like that for no reason now on that damn track?!" Lighting raised his voice a little but was silenced when Jackson storm walked up behind her.

"Because she lost feelings for you." Jackson replied. At this point Lighting McQueen is confused, hurt and angry.

"She lost–?? What?! What the hell are you saying?! I shouldn't have crashed and screwed up that damn road! If I didn't, I wouldn't be so damn overwhelmed about this situation!" Lighting shouted into the sunset sky.

"McQueen, let's calm down now." Jackson walked up and knelt down. He placed his hands onto Lighting's shoulders.

"Calmed down?! CALM DOWN?! I'm such an emotional wreck it's not even funny! First my car is damaged by you! Next I loose Sally! What– what happens next, huh?! Loose my racing career and go into retirement?! I'm too young to retire! I just–" Lighting McQueen felt tears roll down his face.

"You're overwhelming yourself sweetheart." Jackson muttered and used the pads of his thumbs to wipe away Lighting's incoming tears.

Sally gave a sympathetic smile and walked away for the two to be alone together.

"Help me understand..!" Lighting cried out as he wobbly stood himself up. His forehead pressed against Jackson's.

"Let's take some deep breaths first. Get back to the Springs, Okay?" Jackson mumbled as he locked his dark eyes with Lighting's bright blue ones.

"Okay." Lighting whispered.