03

That's when it happened. The race was going so well. But it happened. Jackson and Lighting are side by side. Cars speeding up faster and quicker.

They reached to the pits. Both of them making a quick pitstop. But Lighting started to feel overwhelmed.

"C'mon! Guido! I gotta get out there before he does!" McQueen shouted from his window that is covered by the black fritts. His voice also heard by Doc's head set.

Before Guido finished the last wheel exchange, McQueen sped off in a hurry. Just at the same time Storm sped off.

"I didn't finish, y'know?!" Guido shouted at the red speeding car that rushed in such a hurry.

Doc sighed. Watching the situation go down. "That is what a rookie would do." He says into the headset so Lighting can hear.

"I'm not a rookie anymore! Doc! I won two piston cups! I got this in the bag!" Lighting McQueen responded with his overconfidence in his mic.

But boy, was McQueen wrong. It seemed to be going smoothly for now. Lighting has sped his way and made it right next to Jackson Storm once again.

"Oh hello Mr.McQueen, took you long enough to get by myself again." Jackson greeted with a smirk. He glanced at the red themed driver.

Lighting groaned in agitation. "It didn't take long! I am speed!" He shouted back through the fritts of his window.

"Right. Speed. Well, enjoy your retirement..." Jackson grinned evilly as he gripped his steering wheel.

Lighting was confused at this point. But it happened oh so fast. Jackson used his steering wheel and swerved his car. Making sure it hit's McQueen's bright red one.

McQueen shouted in shock from the quick movement. He swerved for a moment. But that's when he lost control.

Lighting felt the tire blow in his backside. His blue eyes widen. He began to fade slower and slower back.

He felt angry at this point. His anger and jealousy over the other rookie of Jackson Storm.

He pushed onto his gas pedal with harshness, forcing the car to continue the speed. But he just kept slowing down.

"Shit! Doc! My tire is out!" Lighting exclaimed into the mic. In which Doc responded. "Do you think you can get back to the pits?"

"Yeah! I should be able too! It isn't that-" His voice got cut off and into a panicked wail once his bright red racing car hits the wall.

Sparks began hissing out of his car as another back-tire goes out. But it only gets worse from there.

Jackson Storm cockily slowed his speed so he can be next to McQueen and that's when it happened.

Jackson rammed his car up to McQueen's making sure the red car gets more damaged.

He laughed in sinister behavior and sped off right after that. The other race car drivers began a pile of crashes.

That's when Lighting felt himself spin out. His microphone all crackly so Doc can barely hear the kiddo's voice from inside.

McQueen tumbled and rolled multiple times on the road until he landed onto the grassy part of the track.

Sally is heartbrokenly watching this scene go down with Mater by her side from the stands.

Lighting is unconscious inside of his car. Ambulances started to rush onto the track.

Making the race come to a complete cancel. Sally, Mater, Doc and the others quickly went over to where McQueen landed.

"Is he okay?!" Sally cried out as medics are taking the unconscious blond out of the vehicle.

Jackson Storm has his car stopped on the track. Just watching from the inside of his car. Shocked.

At this point a rushing feeling of guilt hits Jackson's chest. He went too far. A pain of heartache radiated into his chest.

But he didn't dare move. He just remained put inside of car. Listening to the sound of it softly rumbling.

The sirens disappeared with Lighting McQueen in the ambulance and heading straight to Emergency Center.

That's when Jackson finally stepped out. He hesitated as he walked himself over to McQueen's team.

Soon as Jackson is noticed by them. All of them flared up with anger and upsetting feelings.

"It was an accident!" Jackson tried to make up the excuse but it was clearly no point.

Doc walked over and began to yell at the young man in front of him. "Do you know what you just did?! You crashed my kiddo! He flipped in circles! Just like, i did."

Jackson couldn't say anything else at the point. He just turned on his heel, ran to his car, and sped away.

While McQueen's team quickly rushed themselves to their own cars so they can get to McQueen's hospital room.