04

Four months go passed. Lighting is still resting in the hospital bed. Since he has been in a coma for this long.

It was just himself. Least.. for now. But that suddenly changed up once Jackson slowly entered the hospital room.

Jackson sighed in relief when he realized none of McQueen's friend's are present.

Taking a seat in the small chair that is beside the bed. Jackson heaved out a sigh.

He looked at McQueen's condition. He looked alot better than he did before. An IV is hooked into McQueen's arm.

The soft sounds of the heart monitor beeping in the background. A soft drizzle of rain began in the atmosphere outside.

A soft grunt escaped out of Lighting's lips. Making Jackson's heart drop to his stomach.

Is he waking up?

Jackson thought but his mindfulness question is soon prevailed as a successful way of a response.

Lighting's bright blue eyes slowly opened. He squinted them slightly once the fluorescent lights blared into his eyesight.

It's been a while since he opened his eyes since of the coma that he was previously enduring.

"Oh..." Lighting groaned softly as he blinked the fuzziness out of his vision. That's when reality began to settle in.

He heard the soft rain. The heart rate beeping. The other hospital equipment making their usual sounds of stability.

But he felt a presence. Thinking as the feeling as either Sally or Mater, his blue eyes quickly look towards the presence.

But he is left with shock and fear. His heart rate picked up the pace. Making the monitor beep quicker.

"Hello, Mr.McQueen." Jackson hesitantly greeted with a half smile. Lighting just stared at Jackson now.

"Wh–Where are my friends?! Shouldn't they be here?! Why are you here!" McQueen shouted, enraged.

Jackson felt the nervousness tightness in his throat. He swallowed down his anxiety as he replied.

"They came by earlier. I showed up a few minutes after them. They should be back here tonight." Jackson explained.

Lighting calmed himself. Avoiding eye contact with Jackson as he stared at the wall.

"Why are you here, anyway. You caused me to get into the damn wreck."  McQueen snapped.

"It's been four months." Jackson softly replied. Lighting quickly turned his head.

"What?" Lighting asked in disbelief. Jackson lowered his head for a moment. Staring at the hospital tiled floors.

"It's been four months, McQueen." Jackson repeated. That's when the water works began.

The guilt is eating Jackson alive. Crystal clear tears rolled down the dark haired males face as he kept his head down.

Lighting is confused at this point. His mind is immensely starting to ache at the overthinking scenarios.

"I'm sorry!" Jackson hiccuped a sob as he covered his face. More sobs contuined to leave out of his trembling lips. His dark hair curtaining over his face.

McQueen is in a state of shock and sadness. Mixed emotions are coursing through his woken body.

"You didn't..mean to cause the wreck?" Lighting softly asked, his voice much softer than his previous enragement.

Jackson shakes his head in a panic. His hands are trembling as he removed them away from his face.

"Well! I did– but then– NO! – I– Shit! McQueen!– I didn't mean too!– Well– I Uh–" Jackson began being fumbled his with his vocabulary words. He is unknown how to speak out of emotions. Vocal chords are also sore from crying.

"Hey. Storm." Lighting spoke up which silenced the panicking male that is seated in the chair.

Jackson slowly lifted his face. Making eye contact with the other rookie. A soft smile resting of Lighting's lips as he says,

"We all get a little overconfident sometimes. We all make mistakes and screw up over the littlest of things. Don't sweat it. Okay?"

Jackson could only nod in response.