10

Lighting felt his heart began to break. He laughed in disbelief and shakes his head.

"What..? But that's a whole change! She's been on my side since I've been here in Radiator Springs!" McQueen exclaimed to his best friend.

"Sometimes things change. That is what the tootin' time be doin' to our folk." Mater replied with a friendly wink.

Then he walked off to get some sleep. Shouting out, "Night McQueen!"

"Night.." Lighting mumbled as he walked himself to the Cozy Cone. He glanced at Sally's office. Seeing her holding a magazine of Francesco in her hands.

He grunted in anger and turned away. Walking over to Cone #1 and opens the door.

Before he can get inside however, he got startled by Jackson's voice.

"Hey, Mr.McQueen."

"Gah!" Lighting turned around and placed his hand on his heart. He got startled.

"You! Uh- When- Um- Hi?!" Lighting stammered on his words as he blinked a few times.

Jackson chuckled softly. "Hi." He repeated. "It's late, Storm.. what do you want now?" Lighting complained and raised an eyebrow.

"Just wanted to wish you luck on the race." Jackson replied. "I checked your car at the shop. It's all ready. Freshly painted and parts mended. All set up and ready to go."

McQueen felt his heart flutter. He started to smile. "Oh well thanks, Jackson.. didn't expect you to do-"

"It's not a problem, Lighting." Jackson responded with a heartwarming smile. The two are finally getting along. And the both of them liked it this way.

Wonder how it'll be like on the track.

Lighting returned the smile. His cheeks dusting up with a warm sensation of blush. His heart fluttered against his ribcage. Eyeing Jackson with love.

Jackson returned the look. That's when Lighting realized. That's the same exact look that Sally gave to him when they began dating.

Mater is right.

The two have moved on from each other.
They needed the change.

Lighting cleared his throat and looked to the side. He nervously laughed. "Well uh, I wish you luck too on the race. But im gonna win."

"We don't know that quite yet, Lighting." Jackson smiled as he walked over to his motel 'cone' room.

The cone room right next to McQueen's. Lighting rolled his eyes as he called out.

"May the best man win?"

"May the best man win." Jackson replied and smiled lovingly before he entered his motel room and closed the door.

Lighting felt himself grew tired. He did a lot after recoverment from the hospital.

He's surprised he had the energy to do such things. Shrugging it off, he entered cone #1 and closed the door with one hand.

His hand resting on the door knob for a moment as he stared at the door. His cheeks warm. His heart fluttered. His stomach with butterflies.

Such a brand new feeling of love.

And he has accepted it.