CHILTON PREPETORY

chapter 4

     Rory sat on the porch of their house, whip cream in her hand as she sprayed it into her own mouth

Rory sat on the porch of their house, whip cream in her hand as she sprayed it into her own mouth. In front of her, was Lorelei, painting her toe nails. Finally, being Rory was Victoria, who was profusely writing down notes. "That's nice." Lorelei said as as she continued painting her nails.

"Thank you." Rory said politely as she put the whip cream down.

"Don't move please." Lorelei said as she concentrated hard on painting nails.

"So why are you two so insistent on doing this?" Rory asked as she turned her head to view her sister, who started chuckling sinisterly.

"Well, because your starting private school tomorrow." Lorelei said.

"Yes but I'm going to be wearing shoes." Rory said looking up at Lorelei. "Nobody's gonna be looking at my feet."

"You see Rory, everyone knows that private school girls are bad." Victoria said finish up her work.

"And bad girls always wear red nail polish." Lorelei finished as Victoria looked down at her black nails. "Are you nervous?" Lorelei asked after a pause.

"About what?" Rory asked as she put the cap back on the whip crème.

"About starting Chilton." Lorelei said as she looked up at her youngest daughter.

"Well, I wasn't until I heard about all those bad girls." Rory said as Victoria chuckled.

"The only person you have to worry about is a sophomore named Pairs Geller." Victoria said as she leaned back. She was a senior at Chilton, one of her teachers offered to pay for her schooling when she was twelve.

"Guys! Guys! New CD! XTC -- 'APPLE VENUS VOLUME 2'!" Lane said running up to the house and inside soon being followed by Lorelei and Victoria.

"BUT YOU ONLY FINISHED HALF MY TOES!" Rory yelled as she got up with the whip cream.

"WHO CARES?! YOU'RE GONNA BE WEARING SHOES ANYWAY!" Lorelei yelled back as Rory walked into the house.

"PLUS YOUR NOT A BAD GIRL, RORY!" Victoria yelled from inside the house.

☕️

It was 7:05 in the morning and Victoria was ready and off to grab Lorelei's clothes from the dryer.

"Mom!" Rory yelled as she barraged into the room. "What are you doing?" Rory asked as she looked at her mother who was wearing blue duck pajama's.

"Having a heart attack." Lorelei responded as she rolled over onto her side and leaned against her pillow.

"I thought you were up already. It's 7:10!" Rory responded before receiving a few 'no's from Lorelei who proceeded to roll over to face her youngest daughter.