DIARY ENTRIES

( filler ) chapter 18

Lorelei was cleaning Victoria's room, when she found a series of large boxes with notebooks upon notebooks inside

Lorelei was cleaning Victoria's room, when she found a series of large boxes with notebooks upon notebooks inside. "What's this?" Lorelei wondered out loud as she grabbed one of the top diaries, before flipping to the front page.

 "What's this?" Lorelei wondered out loud as she grabbed one of the top diaries, before flipping to the front page

( Raegan Revord as 14 year old Victoria Gilmore )

OCTOBER 14th, 1998

Dear Diary,

My sister is 'graduating' middle school this year, which I guess is fine? But I'm obligated to be there. Sometimes I feel as if I'm still trying to build a rocket out of sparkling water in the back of Luke's dinner. Life moves on. I feel as if I blink and a week has gone by. I wish my mom remembered more of what I did as a young kid, you know? She always said I was the compassionate one, that Rory was the one that spent hours trying to figure out how vampires stay young, but that was me. I was the kid with the uncanny messy room and the kid who wouldn't ever stay still. But I guess we can't all win.

OCTOBER 15th, 1998

Dear Diary,

I think poets are cool, sometimes I wish I was one. I think people would like me more if I was one. People always underestimate me, I flinch because of a loud sound and they assume I can't do anything. Kids in school are mean, they call me a 'scaredy cat'. Other times when I'm just there, doing what I call 'piano fingers' (I tap each of my fingers on my thumb from pointer to pinky and then back) and they say I'm weird. Rory graduated. Mom clapped for here, everyone in town practically cried, expected for Luke. Luke is like my dad. He picks me up from school and he taught me how to cook a while ago. He teaches me how to eat healthy and how to fix things. I think if I ever get married, I want Luke to be there.

OCTOBER 16th, 1998.

Dear Dairy,

(8:12.30) I miss, Miss Darling. She and Mr. Darling moved to Ohio last year because there was a little girl named Matilda who needed a home, and they wanted to adopt her. Sometimes I wish they would adopt me.
➜ I'm not sure what I'll do when school is over, you know? When the repetition of school is over. Waking mom up, waking Rory up, getting ready, making breakfast for them and getting lunches ready for them before making breakfast for myself. I think I enjoy the fact that I know I can make sure that the routine is always there.
(15:04.32) I'm back from school and, I looked up my symptoms on the school library. My conclusion? I think I might have this disorder called 'Asperger's'? I think it's a type of 'Autism', which is like a mental disorder.
➜ the kid we're calling me names again. They told me I dress like a boy, and that was wrong. But I don't understand, how is that wrong? Anyways, I was playing truth or dare with Delilah, Aisha, Brodie, Micheal and Tristan (he's my best friend!) and I kissed Delilah. She's very kissable, but I don't think that's socially acceptable. I also really like Tristan (Pads), more than I like Delilah. It made me a little confused as to why I had butterflies in my stomach though. Is it okay for girls to miss girls.

OCTOBER 17th, 1998

Dear dairy,

Tristan asked me out. He said that it wouldn't be anywhere loud, so that was okay. I think he likes me, and I think I like him too. I'm afraid to tell my mom, she might be angry. Rory's going to high school next year. I think she's exited. She keeps talking about how she has a locker, what's so cool about that? The lockers at Chilton nearly work.

OCTOBER 18th, 1998

Dear diary,

I went to a flower shop, then I went to a cafe with Tristan. They served strawberry shortcake cake, it's my favorite. They also had hot chocolate, I ordered 4 cups of it. He said he wouldn't buy me anymore, but he did anyways. "Angle." I said when he brought it to me. "Junkie" is what he called me after I drank it all. I think he really likes me. I also think I really like him too.

OCTOBER 19th, 1998.

Dear diary,

I want to be in a musical, I want to be in "the heathers" or "beetle juice". I would want to be Heather Chandler or BJ. I think BJ if we did Beetlejuice because he is funny, I'm not funny. I which I was funny. I'd want to be Heather Chandler because I want people to like me, you know? I feel like some people don't appreciate me :(. She's also super pretty.

OCTOBER 20th, 1998.

Dear diary,

My sister, Rory, wants to be Alice from 'Alice's Adventure's in Wonderland'. I wanted to be the mad hatter but my mom said no. So, I'm going to be a different character from a different movie (looking back I really wanted to be one of the tweedles). Now I don't know who to pick because what if the other characters are upset with me?

OCTOBER 21st, 1998.

Dear diary,

I'm going to be 'Eris Black' from one of my favorite books, it's called 'Marble'. It's about this girl and her boyfriend who accidentally travel back in time and have to stop this super evil guy from distorting the world wizard society she lives in. Tristan said he would be 'Evan Barry Rosier' from the books (which is the name of the boyfriend). Mom is going to be Alice's older sister, Marie. But mom isn't Rory's older sister, I am. I feel replaced by my own mother.

OCTOBER 22nd, 1998.

Dear dairy,

Miss Darling sent me money to go watch the musical 'The Heathers' and 'Beetlejuice' and I'm so very thankful, but now can I show my gratitudes? I think I'm going to make her a hair tie for herself and for her adopted daughter, Matilda. I heard through the grapevine that Anne Frank called her diary kitty. Are we supposed to name our diaries?

Xoxo, Vicvic.

Lorelei set down the book and felt a guilt of wave wash over her. How could she had screwed Victoria's childhood up so bad?