MAX MEDINA

chapter 7

      Victoria stood on her front porch, she stood there waiting for her sister and mother to come over from their spots on Bebbett's stairs to their own, and deal with the man standing outside their front door

Victoria stood on her front porch, she stood there waiting for her sister and mother to come over from their spots on Bebbett's stairs to their own, and deal with the man standing outside their front door. "Would you, um, like to come in?" Victoria asked awkwardly as she watched Lorelei confess something.

"Hey!" Lorelei said running across the lawn and up their house.

"Our lord and savior." Victoria mutter as she went back inside.

"Oh, hi." Max said turning around to see Lorelei behind him.

"I was knocking but the Victoria answered and it was slightly awkward." Max said as Victoria went up to her room to grab a hoody.

"I was at the neighbors' house. Max, I should have called you sooner—" Lorelei started.

"You're canceling."

"I-i know, it's totally last minute."

"I'm heart broken."

"I forgot about our date!"

"And forgettable."

"No, no. You're memorable! It's just we had a little emergency."

          "Rory? Is Rory okay?"

          "No, Rory's fine it's the neighbor's cat."

           "The neighbor's..."

           "Cat —— She died."

           "Oh! She died?" Max chuckled.

           "This was a very fat, very beloved cat." Lorelei stated.

           "I see. Lorelei, I like you, and I don't want to force something on you, that you don't want, so..." Max said before walking down the stairs, Lorelei's pleading voice behind him.

          "Wait, Max, you're not forcing anything onto me. I am telling the truth about the cat." Lorelei said as they walked down the stairs.

           "Lorelei." Max said walking to his car.
            "Max! Please don't read to much into this." Lorelei said as Victoria watched all this go down through her window. "Call me, and we'll reschedule. I-I promise that's what I want." Lorelei said facing him as they got to his car.

            "Hi I'm Loralei and I really want to fuck my youngest daughter's history teacher." Victoria said to herself. "At least I don't have the stuttering gene." Victoria muttered to herself.

            "Are you sure?" Max asked sincerely.

            "Cross my heart and hope that no other neighbor's pets die on that day." Lorelei said jokingly as Victoria sighed through the window.