ICE BREAKERS

chapter 21

— still match 17th

still match 17th

     The air was deathly still, the tension was thick. So think in fact, someone could chop through it with a guillotine. Victoria's long sleeve flowing indigo shirt that was tucked into her overalls maxi skirt draped over onto her knees that were covered in dark blue jean and black tights. Emily on the other hand, held her pearly white gloves in her perfectly manicured hands. The shock written on the older woman's face, her dusty white shirt and her dark purple skirt covered her legs down to her knees. "What?" Emily said as she stared at the sixteen year old. The girl would be seventeen in seven months. "What." Emily asks again as she closes her eyes and pinches the bridge of her nose. Emily sighs.

   "Grandmom?" Victoria asks, petrified as she stares at the older woman in front of her. Emily stared at her granddaughter and suddly she was back in Lorelei's room, the night before her debut.

📸

    "My god Lorelei why won't this fit? It fit when it got fitted, which was two weeks ago mind you." Emily scolded as she watched Lorelei's face drain. "Just take it off and go for a jog." Emily said weaving her hand around before going to the door, she was about to leave the room.

     "Mom, I'm pregnant." Lorelei blurted out as Emily stood in her tracks. The older woman whipped her head around to look at her sixteen year old daughter.

    "What." Emily said, her arms falling to her sides. Her light yellow suit-dress seemed to be brighting to Lorelei. She watched her daughter shuffle from side to side. Emily's shoulder pads were getting uncomfortable as she stared. "What?" Emily pinched the bridge of her nose and stared in shock.

📸

    "Well, what are you going to do with it?" Emily asked as Victoria stared at the ceilings. Her long curly brown hair slumped behind the chair.

    "I'm going to keep it. Tristan started working extra shifts and I started looking for some hobbies to do. Along with a couple jobs. Schools is ending so I'll be able to get my school work for next year, so when the baby comes. I don't have to be in school." Victoria said as Emily smiled ever so slightly.

   "Here." Emily said as she pushed a cup over to Victoria. "Have some hot chocolate." Emily said with a soft smile. Victoria was so different form her mother in all the best ways.

☕️

There was ringing sound through the Gilmore household, it was Friday. How could Victoria be so stupid? She, Tristan, and his parents were at the dinner and Victoria was unsure at the beginning why there were two extra chairs. It was because of Lorelei and Rory were coming. She knew her own mother would have a heavy reaction to her announcement, but she just hope that Lorelei wouldn't make a big deal about it.