VICTORIA's DANCE

chapter 13

      "Your grandfather called las night and told me to  let you know he's brining something special back from Prague for you girls

      "Your grandfather called las night and told me to  let you know he's brining something special back from Prague for you girls." Emily said as she smiled at her granddaughters, who were both sitting at the table, Rory next to Lorelei and Victoria on Emily's right side, facing opposite Lorelei.

        "Wow, Prague.How amazing is it that he is going to Prague?" Rory said as Victoria rolled her eyes before chewing on a avocado.

       "It's supposed to be lovely -- very dramatic castles everywhere." Emily said before taking another bite of her salad. Victoria was the only one who seemed to be actually eating that night. Rory was to engaged in the conversation to even think about eating and Lorelei was just moving it around the plate.

       "The cell that Vaclav Havel was held in is now a hostel. You can stay there for, like, fifty dollars a night. Hey," Rory said before turning to her mom, "maybe on our big trip to Europe. We could to Prague and stay in his cell." Rory said as Lorelei didn't bother looking up form her plate.

       "Absolutely; then we should go to turkey and stay in the place from 'the midnight express'." Lorelei said as Victoria had finished her salad, before rolling her eyes, why would anyone willingly stay in a hostel (that'a normal price is two dollars) that costs fifty dollars? Sometimes (correction: everyday) Victoria questions her mother and her sister's sanity.

     "Lorelei what are you doing?" Emily asks as she stares at Lorelei with a judgmental look.

     "Getting rid of the avocado." Lorelei said as Victoria grabbed the avocado from her mother's plate and ate it.

     "Since when do you not like avocado?" Emily asked.

      "Since the day I said, 'gross what is this?' and you said, 'avocado.'" Lorelei said as Emily too rolled her eyes. Emily's eyes scanned the room before looking at Victoria and smiling.

     "I'm focusing on you now." Emily said with a laugh, Victoria laughing nor long after her grandmother had started. "Tell me all about the Chilton formal..."

☕️

     Victoria was sewing her dress, she had made it from scratch, it was extra because there was a senior party afterwards. They would be going to a fare close to the venue. Her dress was a pinkish-purple color with a black sheer on top, she had spent weeks working around the clock (when she had not been in school) making it. It had a pair of matching black gloves, tan-black stockings, black heels, a vintage black bag, a pearl necklace with little red rubies hanging at the end, pearl earrings and red corsage. She knew it was extra, but she had not cared. She wanted to look perfect for Tristan, she wanted her Finacée to look at her and think 'this is the most gorgeous woman I have ever seen', but she also wanted to one-up her sister. Who was going to wear a blue dress with her school shoes and a bag. It was a basic ensemble, and Victoria knew that she could do better, so she would do better.