BIRTHDAY PARTY MELT-DOWNS

chapter 10

       Victoria stood outside a large building, the building was a boutique that held suits for woman

Victoria stood outside a large building, the building was a boutique that held suits for woman. "Victoria, are you ever going to go inside or are you just going to stand outside of the boutique?" Emily asked as she stared at her grandfather.

        "Grandma, I have something to confess."  Victoria blurted out as she turned her head around to look at the wedding dresses across the way. Emily turned around to meet her gaze . Emily gasped, then looked at Victoria then at the necklace hanging around her neck, and at the base, was a ring, a engagement ring. Emily nearly fainted. "Grandma!?" Victoria yelled as she helped Emily of the ground.

☕️

Victoria sat in her bedroom. She could hear Lorelei was re-telling the story her birth. Yet, Victoria, waited every year at eleven-fifty-five pm, she would wait for her mom. And every year, with blood-shot eyes, she would be let down. Victoria stared out the window, it was raining, water was collecting at the bottom of her window seal, and at the bottom of her eyes. Victoria's vision started to blur and her lip began to quiver, she took in short, sharp breaths, as the under parts of her eyes got puffy. And after several moments, small sniffles broke through her lips, and the corners of her eyes dampened. A single year fell out of her eye before both eyes had tears flowing like a waterfall. The tears collected at her eyelashes making it difficult for her to see and all she attempted to tell herself soothing words, but her voice betrayed her, nothing came out. "Why can't I be the favorite sibling?" Victoria asked herself as she turned around and sobbed into her pillow.

☕️

Victoria's eyes were puffy, she felt betrayed by her appearance. She looked like she had cried herself to sleep — which technically was true, but she didn't like how it looked on her. "Vicky?" Aisha asked as she saw Paris, Louise and Madeline come around the corner

       "It's Rory! It's always fucking Rory! Rory this, Rory that! Oh my god, I'm Rory and I'm Star Hollow's favorite girl never mind that stupid older sister!" Victoria yelled tears streaming down her eyes. Paris walked up to Victoria with a mean smile and placed her hand on Victoria's shoulder.

        "I'm Paris, and we couldn't help but over hear your conversation." Paris said as Victoria nodded, she knew, Paris, Louise and Madeline would be chaos that the Lorelei's favorite company.

☕️

          "No not there, in the living room. Why are you touching that? — well don't!" Emily yelled at someone she deemed inferior to herself. "I want those six inches apart! Get a ruler." Emily yelled at the man again as he stood in the family room.

         "Emily—" Richard started but Emily had cut him off and started fixing his bow-tie.

         "Let me fix that." Emily started before Richard started to talk about a family, the Larson's. "Richard, no business, this is your granddaughters' party." Emily told him.