THE SWIM MEET

chapter 5

        Victoria sat in her hotel room, she was waiting to use the restroom

Victoria sat in her hotel room, she was waiting to use the restroom. Aisha was in the bathroom putting on a matching Hijab that went well with her outfit and the closet was being used by Delilah, who was putting on a swimsuit, the swim meet would be starting in about two hours. "Vicky! Have you seen my cap?" Delilah yelled from the closet.

"Yeah, it's in your swim bag, along with your goggles and your water." Victoria shouted back as she picked up her book, the duke and I. It was about a young, marriageable lady the fourth of eight siblings in her close-knit family, she has formed friendships with the most eligible young men in London.

"Our lord and savior Victoria Gilmore!" Delilah yelled as she put on some pink sweat pants and a matching track suit top.

"Thank you darling." Victoria said in a fake posh accent as she set down her book and grabbed her swim suit before heading to the closet. Where she put on a swimsuit in Chilton colors, it was black with dark blue sides and the Chilton Chilton symbol on the chest. Thankfully, the school allowed students to wear their own personal swim caps, Victoria's is white with light blue dandelions on the side.

"Are you both ready to go?" Aisha said as she came out of the bathroom. She was wearing a long dark red maxi dress with a matching dark colored hijab.

"Yep. Let's go, Tristan, Micheal and Brodey are waiting for us in the hallway." Victoria said as she grabbed her swim bag along with her book before heading out the door.

"Hi baby." Tristan said as he hugged her, kissing the top of her head.

"You guys make me sick." Aisha said behind them as Victoria rolled her eyes.

"Whatever, let's go guys." Victoria sassed before they all laughed. The group walked down the hall and to the elevator.

☕️

There was blearing heat. It was 94° (f) and the kids from Connecticut couldn't handle it. Thankfully, they were there for a swim meet, where the pool was 60° (f) so they wouldn't have to be hot for long. Or atleast that what they thought.

      They were lined up in alphabetical order; in their group (not including Aisha) was Micheal Black. He was filled by Tristan, Victoria, Brodey and Delilah. "It's so hot." Brodey said as Victoria stood neck to Tristan, holding his hand. She was sweating bullets and it was only 9:30 am.

     "Not as hot as me." Micheal said as he struggled to get his swim cap on, coving his large Afro.

      "That's something a dushe would say." Delilah said from the end of the line. There weren't a lot of people in their swim team. Only about twenty people, and most of the them had N-Z names.

     "Shove off." Micheal said as he finally got his cap on, although it slammed into his head very hard causing him to trip backwards and fall to the floor.