THE CHRISTMAS PARTY

chapter 15

🎶 I'm dreaming of white Christmas 🎵

      "I wanted to talk about the Christmas dinner." Emily said as Victoria sat at the dining room table drawing her wedding dress. "You forgot." Emily deadpanned as she looked at the Christmas portrait of herself and Victoria that she was going to give to Richard for Christmas. "Well, I'm sorry if the timing is bad Lorelei, but the world does not always revolve around you." Emily said as she fixed some of her plants.

      "It's never revolves around her, but she thinks it does." Victoria muttered as she shaded in the dress with a light blue-green color for the flowers.

"Cocktails are at 6:00 pm and dinner is at 8:00 pm." Emily said as she went over to her desk. "Why not?" Emily asked as she nodded at the maid who had just asked her a question. "You can't leave work early?" Emily asked as Victoria finished drawing her dress and moved on to doing some extra credit work for AP chemistry. "Well then, don't come. Don't come. This is obviously an enormous burden to you. Just send Rory." Emily said to Lorelei as Emily started to walk around the floor leave of the house. "You're obviously to busy." Emily said as she started to stare out the window. "Lorelei, let's be honest here. I'm not happy with you right now, and I assume you're not to happy with me." Emily said as she peered over to Victoria lovingly. "I am tired of forcing you to do all those terrible things that infringe upon your life, and I do not have the energy to pretend the way you treated Victoria was in any way acceptable." Emily said as Lorelei could be heard over the phone.

"So this is about, Victoria? You're uninviting me to dinner because of Victoria?" Lorelei said over the phone.

"Yes I am. I would appreciate if you treated your eldest daughter better, because one day your connection with her will end up like your connection with me." Emily said as Lorelei let out a loud sigh before saying 'fine'. "Fine." Emily said as she walked over to Victoria to point out the mistakes with the way she wrote the formatting. "I believe that's all." Emily said as Lorelei had some come-back to say to her. "Bye Lorelei." Emily said hanging up the phone.

" Emily said hanging up the phone