𝓕𝓻𝓸𝔃𝓮𝓷 𝓗𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓥𝓲𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓲𝓷𝓼' 𝓦𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭: 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 12

**
Mirror Chamber

Y/n and Grim had finally returned to Night Raven College unscathed. As soon as they walked into the mirror chamber, a surprised Crowley and angered Isfrid were waiting for them, with the older brother wearing the Diasomnia dorm uniform. Isfrid narrowed his eyes as he observed the state Y/n was in and was not pleased upon seeing her dress covered in dirt. He heard from Riddle that she had overworked herself and tried to convince her to return to the academy but she insisted that she return with the magestone.

Y/n revealed the magestone to Crowley that she had acquired, but he was completely stunned. "Pardon?! You're telling me you went to the Dwarfs' Mine in search of a magestone?" Crowley gasped.

"Huh?" Isfrid's mouth dropped.

"Uh...? Yes?" Y/n says, her expression turning into a dumbfounded one as well as she and Grim blinked a couple of times in confusion as the weasel stared at the headmage in disbelief.

"I didn't expect that you'd seriously do it. And never in my wildest imaginings did I think you would actually return with a bonefide magestone! And here I spent all evening preparing the boys' expulsion documents," Crowley admitted, causing Grim to widen his eyes in shock.

"Does the very notion of patience elude you?" An unbothered Y/n bluntly asked the headmage who flinched in surprise upon hearing his own words being used against him. It felt like a large stone just fell on his back.

"M-My apologies young Mistress..." Crowley says, lowering his head down in shame.

"Tch..." Isfrid crossed his arms, completely annoyed.

"Are you serious?!" Grim exclaimed in anger. "While we were fightin' some crazy monster for you, you were expelling us?!"

"'Monster'...?" Crowley repeated softly, looking concerned by Grim's statement. Y/n picked up the anger weasel who was about to attack the audacious headmage while Isfrid didn't look as confused since Riddle had informed him about what had happened when he retrieved Ace and Deuce.

"Indeed," Y/n nodded in confirmation as she petted Grim's head to calm him down. "A big, nasty, and faceless creature that came out of nowhere. It nearly killed those two humans if I didn't decapitate it," she explained. 'I wonder...I hope those humans are alright...'

"Would you kindly relate this story in full?" Crowley asked, his hand under his chin. "...A change of scenery might do us some good. Then we can discuss the ins-and-outs of this matter more precisely," he suggested.

*
Headmage's Office

"Hmmm," Crowley listened to Y/n's entire report about what happened. Both he and Isfrid made sure to not miss a word, remembering everything single detail which was no problem for the prince since he often gave reports to his mother the Queen and his two older brothers. "So a mysterious monster was living in the mines. And the four of you worked together to destroy it, and then brought its magestone back to me?"

"Mhm. But though...those humans wouldn't admit to 'working together'" Y/n said, remembering how she had to gaslight the two humans into working together. But it wasn't necessarily a lie about the two humans getting expelled on the first day of the school year.

"Oh, gracious... Ohhh... Ohhhhhhhh! *Sobbing*" Crowley suddenly burst out sobbing, startling Y/n and Isfrid, completely taken aback in disbelief.