𝓖𝓵𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓜𝓪𝓼𝓺𝓾𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓭𝓮: 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 12

*
"Beata Maria, you know I am a righteous man. Of my virtue I am justly proud (et tibit pater)"

**
Fleur City

After Y/n had left with the others, Malleus was a bit disappointed to not be in her presence longer but the fact that he would see her soon made him quite hopeful. Group 1 then walked further into the city.

"Where to next? According to the map, the shopping district is right up ahead..." Malleus pondered as he held onto a plantlet with a map inside. But suddenly, the sound of an animal noise rang in his ears, startling him.

"Baaah!"

"Hm?" Malleus looked down to see a goat who was oddly close to him.

"Baaaaaah!"

"It's a white goat...and a small one at that." Jamil says, a bit taken aback by its sudden appearance as Riddle and Sebek looked at it with widen eyes.

"A goat, in the middle of town? It doesn't have a collar, either. Does that mean it's wild?!" Riddle exclaimed in disbelief.

"Look again-it has a golden earring. It doesn't appear to be wild." Malleus noticed.

"Bah, bah."

Malleus widen his eyes again by the goat suddenly got close to him again, showing great interest. "Oh, you're right. It's friendly, too. It's clearly used to being around people." Riddle says, observing the goat's behavior around Malleus.

"DO NOT COZY UP TO MALLEUS, GOAT!" Sebek angrily exclaimed, making Riddle and Jamil deadpan.

"Now you're jealous of a goat? This is so pathetic to watch." Jamil dumbfoundedly says. "I wonder if it ran away from its owner. Though a goat is an unusual choice for a pet..." he thought out loud.

"That goat is no pet." Someone says, footsteps approaching them. The boys turned to see Rollo. "It's not wild either, mind you." he sternly says.

"Oh, hello there, Rollo. Are you making your rounds?" Riddle asked with a respectful smile.

"Just so." Rollo answered with a slight nod. "I was slightly concerned about how you all were faring." he admitted.

"If the goat isn't a pet, and it isn't wild, then what is it?" Malleus curiously asked.

"It's cared for by the whole city." Rollo revealed. "You might call it a community goat."

"I've heard of community cats, but never goats..." Jamil says in wonder with a hand on his chin.

"We consider goats to be bringers of good luck here in Fleur City. We treat them with care." Rollo explained. "They say if you're kind to one, it will come running to your aid when you're in trouble."

"Interesting..." Riddle mumbled in amazement. "That fact wasn't in any of the books I read before coming here."

"They're considered ordinary animals here, the same as cats and dogs. It hardly merits writing about." Rollo says.

"If they're highly regarded here, then we must be careful in how we treat them." Malleus says.

"Bah, bah."