𝐵𝑜𝑜𝑘 2: 𝑆𝑎𝑣𝑎𝑛𝑎𝑐𝑙𝑎𝑤 𝐼𝑛𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑑𝑢𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛

**
Being told that I'll never be first...
...is the thing I hate most.

Life's not fair.
Isn't playing dirty a skill all its own?
All that matters is winning.

If I can't overthrow the world, I'll turn everything to sand!

*
Summary

With the Spelldrive tournament just around the corner, the dorms began their preparations to form teams that will represent them during the competition

With the Spelldrive tournament just around the corner, the dorms began their preparations to form teams that will represent them during the competition. However, participating students seem to mysteriously get injured one by one, so Y/n and Grim decide to investigate the matter.

*

*

*

"Leona Kingscholar. Remember my very words, everyone else is just useless pawns for you to take advantage of. Once you comply with MY plans for your ambition, the whole world will bow before their king, for your word is will be absolute,"
-Valentina, Guardian of Ambition

 Once you comply with MY plans for your ambition, the whole world will bow before their king, for your word is will be absolute,"-Valentina, Guardian of Ambition

Valentina is the Guardian of Ambition who influences the Usurper from the Wilds' ambition with masterful schemes.

Once upon a time in a land so far away, Valentina was a young Duke who was the King's cousin. He had a strong ambition to be King, greatly resenting his cousin who was known to be kind all the time, never starting a war to expand his rule.

At the age of 25, Valentina Usurped the throne, executing everyone in the royal family, drowning the castle in their blood. No one knows the exact reason, but rumors has it that the King was two-faced, acting all kind in front of others, but only those who were close to him knew how twisted the king was, as Valentina experienced it first hand when the King ordered the execution of his beloved wife, the former Duchess.

Ever since then, Valentina has been plagued with madness, finding different inhumane ways to preserve his beloved wife, curing her from her illness that plagued her body caused by poison.

When Valentina succeed in conquering the throne, he became a ruthless tyrant as he continued waged war to expand his power and kingdom. He saw everyone has just pawns for his plans, even betraying his very people that were on his side. Even though he had gain everything he ever wanted, his lost his beloved wife.

Succumbing to his despair, he gave into the darkness, committing suicide next to his wife's coffin. Before his soul had disappeared to the afterlife, he was saved by a powerful spirit of winter, giving the once prideful King a reason to continue on living in repentance.

*
"When you're at the top, everyone just comes worthless pieces of the chessboard," I once said, crossing one leg over the other as I moved the final move. "Checkmate~"

*
"For what use is a pawn, if you cannot control it?"

*
"In order to protect the one you love, you must absolutely gain everything, no matter the cost"

*
"I am never wrong for my word is absolute,"

**
"My d-deepest apologies my King...but it seems that your wife has passed away-"
*SNAP*

*
Voiced by:
Toshihiko Seki

*
Featuring Chapters

No.1:
Scrambling for a meal

No.2:
A Perplexing Raw Deal

No.3:
A Violent Demonstration

No.4:
Dangerous Accumulation

No.5:
Spelldrive Competing

No.6:
Housewarden Meeting

No.7:
Accident Suspicion

No.8:
An After-School Mission

No.9:
Investigating a Scheme

No.10:
A Detective Team

No.11:
The Terrible Two

No.12:
Territory Breakthrough

No.13:
A Spelldrive Fight

No.14:
Encounter at Midnight

No.15:
Sparks Flyin

No.16:
A Portrait Spying

No.17:
Giveaway Effect

No.18:
Cornering the Suspect

No.19:
Sealed With a Fight

No.20:
Truth Brought to Light

No.21:
Plan Synchronizing

No.22:
Start of an Uprising

No.23:
A Strategic Stampede

No.24:
An Urge to Concede

No.25:
Fangs Bared

No.26:
Ambitions Aired

No.27:
A Prince With Naught

No.28:
Vengeance Served Hot

No.29:
The Exhibition Rally

No.30:
Savanaclaw Finale

No.31:
The Final Sales Tally

*
Introducing...
The Ambitious Usurper from the Wilds