10 Austin POV

After a horrible day yesterday and an even worse night sleep. I dragged my sorry ass out if bed and get ready for the day. After showering and getting ready to go to the office. I head downstairs to get some breakfast. Sitting at the table I waited for someone to get my breakfast and noticed that there was no smell of food being cooked. As one of the maids passed by I asked her when my breakfast was going to be ready. She gave me a confused look and said " I'm sorry Mr. Brooks the chef was let go over a year ago now
It was Mrs. Brooks that always made you breakfast and packed your lunches for you. She was also the only one to prepare your dinner and any gatherings you had here at the house she was the one who prepared the feasts you and your friends always raved about. I have already placed an add for a chef and some new house staff. Some of our staff left when your girlfriend showed up yesterday and started demanding to be waited on hand and foot. She struck my niece sir. I will also be leaving now that Miss Marie has left. I have already put my resignation letter on your desk in the office. And we all will be leaving by Friday as it is monday that should be enough time to find our replacements. In the meantime you may want to have your girlfriend cook and clean for you like your Wife did. And one more thing is your dry cleaning and laundry. Your ex-wife did all that as well so make sure your girlfriend knows it's her job now that Miss Marie finally dumped your ass!!!"
To say I was shocked was an understatement. A maid just told me off in my own house. Top that off I just lost all the damn staff thanks to that bitch Amber. What do I do now that even my staff seems to want to have nothing to do with me. I never knew how much she actually did around the house and for me. She must have really loved me to do everything the maid said she did. Thinking about this I leave the house and head to the office. I will just have my assistant get me something to eat. When I go to pull in to my spot I see a car is parked in it. Getting pissed off I pull into the first free space I see and head into the building. I noticed everyone looking at me weirdly but shrug it off. Getting to my office I see my parents which is not normal they don't usually come in unless it is necessary. Walking into the office I see someone behind the desk in my chair.
My father turns to me and says " Can we help you Austin. Did you forget you're no longer the CEO and your office is one floor down. But while you are here let me introduce you to the new CEO of Brooks & Stewart industry Mr. Steven Stewart."
Complete shock enters my body since when did we have a partner.
" Father since when do we have a partner as of yesterday it was just Brooks industry when did this happen.? " I asked looking from my mother to my father.
" Do you remember about a year ago when we started to go bankrupt?" He asked me
" Yes what about it we found a way to save the company and grew even larger than before we had issues. What is your point?" I said getting frustrated.
" My point you idiot is that the person who saved our asses is non other than your ex-wife. She actually owns our company. She bought us out without hesitation as she felt we were her family and family doesn't sit by and watch family crumble. See she is the only reason you can live in your fancy mansion and drive expensive cars. But you being the sorry piece of shit that you are could not see her for the absolute treasure she is. No you chased that golddigger and now look you got played by a real life whore. Bet you feel stupid now. Oh one more thing I want to tell you before you go to your new office. Meet Mr. Steven Stewart he is Marie's cousin. " My father started to laugh as I grew paler.
Well this day just went from bad to worse. And by the smile on his face my life was going to get worse. Nodding my head I turned and left to go to my office. But was stopped by the new CEO saying.
"Mr. Brooks seeing as you have been demoted it is only appropriate that your pay be decreased to the proper salary befitting your new position in our company. So as of right now you will be paid a total of 2 hundred thousand dollars a year. You also need to return the car you purchased with company funds and all jewelry and clothing you purchased for your mistress along with her condo. You will have until the end if the week to return all funds used or we will be pressing charges for theft. The amount owed is including trips paid for by the company and spa days that we both know you didn't take my cousin to but your whore of a mistress. So the grand total is 56 million dollars. Wow Mr. Brooks you are a very generous man when it is not your money. To think you thought it was ok to use company funds for your own selfish desires. I am so sorry Mr and Mrs.Brooks that you had to learn about this here and now. But please know Ree doesn't hold you responsible in any way. She also wants me to invite you to meet her parents when they come to the states in a few weeks. Here is the invitation and she looks forward to seeing you both very soon. "
The smile on both my parents faces was proof they loved Marie. They always thought of her as a daughter. I personally was starting to panic, never once did I think I would be called out for using company funds to pay for my life style. How am I going to pay all that back and live now that I got such a large pay cut. As I turn to leave I hear my mom say how proud she is that her darling Marie is finally living a good life away from her no good son. Wow that hit hard my mom has always been kind and gentle not like my father. So hearing her say this to my father proved just how disappointed she is in my actions and my bad choices. I will have to figure out how to make it up to both my mom and dad.