25 Kevin pov

I am freaking out right now as I wait for Marie to show up to the restaurant. I wanted to pick her up but understand why she asked to meet me here instead. Not going to lie I have done the discreet armpit check multiple times, to make sure my deodorant hasn't failed me. That is how stressful this is to me. I have been getting calls non stop from Tiffany and my so called sperm donor asking for help. That has done nothing but compound the stress I have been under. I don't think my so called father really expected my mom and I to turn our backs on him and his entire family. Not sure why in all honesty. Those people are worthless and so far below my mom in class it's amazing she took a second look at my loser sperm donor. I never had a good relationship with him to be honest. Now I know why that was. Turned out after all the investigations into his shady past he had slept with almost all of my girlfriends. He has more than a dozen illegitimate children that my mom has been supporting all these years. Well now he is seriously screwed and I couldn't be happier.
My so called grandfather and grandmother from his side have already started to try and demand I give them money, like my mom has done since she married that dead beat. So I did the only thing that I could and got restraining orders for his entire family and made sure non of them could contact me or mom any longer. We also kicked them out of the houses that my company owns and have now placed them either for sale or up for rent. I refuse to allow these people to use and abuse my mother and I any longer.
After mom found out that it was all thanks to Marie, that her husband was exposed to be the "vile piece of shit he was" her exact words. She has been pestering me to make my move. She was the only person who I told that I have been in love with Marie since college. But unfortunately she was with the king of all the douchbags Austin. I never really understood why she was so interested in him but hey I dated Tiffany for heaven sakes. So I guess neither of us has great taste. Hearing a ding I checked my phone to see a message from the spawn of Satan. The message was from Tiffany begging me to please meet her that she was sorry for everything that she loved me and blah blah blah. Honestly I am so sorry that she was able to post bail till her trial. Because now all she does is pester me daily to drop the charges and get back together. What really shocked me though is she immediately went to have an abortion when she got out of jail. Thought she would have tried to extort some money from me first. She must have spoken to her lover and realized that he was now broke, and would have no way to use the kid as a money making scheme. It's sad really that people like this exist in the world. And I ran in the same circle with a great number of them for a long period of time.
Hearing heals clicking I look up and my heart stops and my breath is frozen in my chest. I see the most beautiful woman in the world coming towards me with a smile on her face. She looks gorgeous to say the least. As I stand up I make a fatal error and trip over my own foot landing on my ass. Not only did I fall I took the damn table cloth with me so everything came down with me. As I sit on the floor looking like a fool completely embarrassed I see Marie. Not only does she not say anything rude she just sits on the floor and and leans over and gives me the sweetest kiss. Then she fixed the table cloth on the floor and asked the server to be so kind as to bring new utensils please and drinks. All while sitting on the floor with me.
Marie
" Why Kevin this is a great idea a picnic in a restaurant. I love it! Best date I have ever had. So have you decided on what you would like to eat? Or should we be bad and order a bunch of different things to go with the theme of the night?"
As I looked at this woman who just saved my dignity so effortlessly, all I could think of is I am damn sure never letting her go. So with a big smile to show my gratitude I responded.
Kevin
" Let's be naughty and order a bit of everything. So then you have some to bring back to the house for your family. Also we need to make sure your driver is properly fed can't have that man mad at me. He looks like he can break me like a tooth pick."
She started to giggle at that as we ordered our server was making comments on what a cute couple we are. We just said thank you and continued to enjoy our dinner. As the date started to come to a close I was gearing up to ask her out again when she beat me to it.
Marie
" Kevin I would like to ask you out this time. Actually I would like to invite you to my house to see my friends and my brother, and my parents will be in town so you can meet them. We are having a barbecue on Saturday. If you are able to come I would love it if you would also bring your mom. I won't lie I am kind of in love with her. She is just so spicy " she started to laugh after saying this. I was shocked she was inviting me to meet her family and she loved my mom. That's it she is wife material.
Kevin
" Of course we can come. She has been bugging me to see you again. So she will be over the moon to see you as well. I'm looking forward to meeting your parents and seeing those guys. Is Danny still the problem child like always? "
We couldn't stop laughing at that as we both know Danny is a prankster. As we are leaving I see in the corner of the restaurant the familiar face of none other than Austin. He looks like he is not doing so good. Well he brought it on himself. He had a diamond and chose a cubic zirconium and now he has to deal with the repercussions of his actions. Seeing the driver exit the car I hand him his food and told him to relax I got it to which he raised his eyebrow at me with a knowing smile. I gave him a wink and he got back in to his seat and I escort Marie to her door. When she turned to me she did something I was shocked by and beyond pleasantly surprised by. This goddess grabbed my neck and gave me the most passionate kiss I have ever had in my life. As we broke apart for air I kisses her again and told her to tell me when she gets home safe. She said of course and for me to do the same thing. As I closed her door I watched as her car disappeared and I just wanted nothing more than to chase her down and take her back to my house. Well looks like a cold shower is in my immediate future today. Smiling to myself I turned to head back to my car and make eye contact with the king douchbag who looks like someone kicked his puppy. I smirked at him and ignore his glare and get in my car and head home to call my mom to tell her the news about Saturday. Good thing it's Thursday or I might have to make up a reason to see her sooner. Only one day then I get to see her and damnit I am locking her down as my girlfriend at least.