The Ranch

When Seeley woke up the other side of the couch was abandoned. He slid his hand over to where Mia had been. It was cold. She must have left a while ago. Booth lay there listening. Trying to locate Mia in the house. There was no point in panicking until it was certain that Mia was not still here. After listening for what felt like an hour Booth decided to check the house.

As he walked up the stairs he noticed a note by the front door. He spun on his heels and walked back to the note. Picking it up he smiled. It was from Mia. He quickly skimmed the note.

'Seeley,

I needed to get out. Sorry. I'm at the ranch.

Thanks for last night

M x'

At least he knew Mia was safe even if the note didn't help with what mood Mia was in or why she had gone to the Walker's ranch. Instead of overthinking, Seeley decided that he should probably shower and get ready for the day since Mia was somewhere safe and not alone. He may have overslept a little since it was already 10:30 but who cared it was Sunday morning what else would he be doing right now.

As Seeley stepped into the shower his mind went back to last night and the last time he had been near the shower. The scent of Mia's shampoo was still lingering in the bathroom. Booth's brain was still working through the whole Bones being related to Mia situation. He loved both of them in different ways and would never want to hurt either of them. But if he had to choose it would be Mia every time no hesitation. Even though he wasn't sure she loved him the way he loved her he still couldn't imagine life without her. He stayed in the shower until the hot water had run out before he quickly got dried and pulled on his jeans and a black t-shirt.

He made a coffee in his takeout cup ready to go find Mia not that she would be hard to find. He wanted to check on her before he left for DC. Last night had been an intense conversation to have especially since he was leaving today and she didn't have much time to process what he had told her. As he was collecting his keys and putting on his shoes he noticed that his leather jacket was missing. Nothing too serious since he assumed the person who took it was Mia but it did have his badge and gun in the pockets. He knew he wouldn't need them but he still went back to the guest room in case Mia had left her gun there. For a beautiful girl, she was a little bit obsessed with having her gun close by but he guessed it came with the territory of being a criminal psychologist. It must be the same as how he felt naked without his gun.

As Seeley drove from his house to the Walker ranch he noticed her house or at least the one she grew up in that her father had left for her was falling down and looked in complete disrepair. He knew she would struggle to see it like this but also that she couldn't go back. For a while, he forgot just how close the two ranches were. Seeley never knew if Mia avoided it through fear of finding something from Max Keenan's past there or even Max himself.

As he pulled up to the Walker ranch he noticed the large number of cars which were parked outside the main house. The good news was one of those cars was Mia's yellow Mustang but one of the others Seeley was concerned about. He didn't like the black truck which was parked next to Mia's Mustang. As he got out of his red Chevrolet Impala he could hear raised voices but neither of them were Mia's so it didn't concern him too much. That was until the front door flew open and Hoyt Rawlins and Cordell Walker appeared on the front lawn still yelling at each other loudly. They were in the middle of a heated argument about Emily Walker and Geri Broussard it seemed.

"Guys" Seeley shouted across to them which instantly made them stop their argument and look across at him. Hoyt froze before desperately searching for an escape. He wasn't going to prison again. "Not here officially" Booth stated, directing the comment at Hoyt who visibly relaxed. While he was a career criminal he had been one of Mia's best friends and she'd need friends so he wasn't going to arrest him.