The Return

Mia spent her remaining month in Texas enjoying the time with the Walkers, helping Cordell and Liam with work and riding Onyx. She also took photos of the ranch now her father had officially passed ownership over to her. Now she could plan exactly what kind of house she wanted. Once she had spent another week travelling back from Texas in her gorgeous Mustang Mia decided it was time to find a new job away from the FBI and the Jeffersonian. She still couldn't face working with her sister. 

Instead, she found herself working in a payroll company. The work was easy and she could still work part-time as a freelance criminal psychologist which she loved. It was her passion but in Washington, she needed something more stable. In the weeks between her return from Texas, she had been meeting Angela weekly for drinks or coffee or just to hang out for the day. Jack and the interns had dropped by a few times and even Temperance had met her sister for dinner which was awkward as hell but they finally faced each other. 

Mia was now on the final stretch before Seeley was due home next week which she was extremely excited about. Mia woke up to the sound of her alarm at 6:30 on this particular Tuesday her mind racing about what dinner to cook her husband next Tuesday. Only 7 days and 6 sleeps until he would be back in the same bed as her. 

Mia quickly pulled herself out of bed and showered before grabbing her jeans and one of Seeley's t-shirts to wear to work. Once she had put her hair into a ponytail and applied her light make-up, she was ready. Making her coffee and oatmeal and eating them before walking out of the apartment she had made her home over the past 4 months.

As she carried her work backpack to the car she felt lighter. It was less than a week now. As she arrived at work at 8:15 she sighed, time for another day in the office. She had come in early so she could leave at 4:30 tonight. She preferred the quiet working environment when the office was half empty rather than when everyone was in. Her day sped past relatively quickly as she worked through emails, answered the phones and arranged for employees to be paid. Some people may have believed the job was too simple for a woman with her qualifications but she needed simple, boring and predictable at the moment. So much of her life had changed recently that predictable was comforting. 

As the clock hit 4:30 she completed her last piece of work for the day before closing her laptop and slipping it into her backpack along with her charger and diary. She said her goodbyes to her colleagues and told them she would see them again on Friday. Mia quickly walked down the stairs to the parking lot out the back of the building. She wished Shadow was here with her but the tiny Washington apartment wasn't the right place for a dog.

 As she reached the door which led out to the parking she noticed someone leaning against her yellow Mustang. It was obvious which was her car since no one else had a car that colour. Mia forcefully pushed the door and began walking quickly towards her car about to yell at the person. The figure turned to face her. He was wearing sunglasses then he began running towards her. Mia relaxed instantly and began running towards him. It was Seeley. He stopped running just short of reaching his wife bracing for her to jump into his arms which she did. As her body hit his her legs wrapped around his waist and their lips crashed together as Booth held his wife against him. The past 8 months since they met up in Russia had been too long. 

"I missed you" Mia spoke breathlessly with her legs still wrapped around Booth's waist and her forehead resting on his. 

"I missed you too" Seeley replied tapping Mia's back signalling for her to get down "I'm never leaving again" he continued as Mia dropped back onto the floor. 

"How did you find me?" Mia asked holding her husband's hand as they walked back over to her yellow Mustang. 

 "Angela" Seeley replied quickly walking to the driver's side of Mia's car. Mia wasn't sure about letting Seeley drive her car but he did it all the time in Texas. 

"Look after my baby" She whispered slipping into the passenger seat of her car. Seeley didn't need telling to be careful with her car. He knew how much she loved it.

The drive for Mia was quite relaxing since she trusted her husband completely. She watched the streets of Washington flash by and sighed with contentment. He was home and she was happy again. 

Seeley quickly pulled into the parking lot of TGI Fridays smiling across at his wife. All he wanted was to make tonight special, he had a year's worth of dates to make up for.

Booth quickly hopped out of the car to walk to his wife's door and open it for her.  

"Mrs Booth" he said holding out his hand for her to take. She smiled up at him. This moment was perfect.

"Thank you Mr Booth" Mia replied placing a kiss on Seeley's cheek. They walked
hand in hand into the restaurant.

As soon as they reached the door they were greeted by a young waitress with pink hair who quickly took them to a secluded table of two by the window. 

"Are you celebrating something?" The waitress asked once Seeley and Mia had sat down.

"Our first wedding anniversary" Booth replied squeezing Mia's hand "I've just got back from being deployed" he continued.

"Enjoy your meal" the waitress said before hurrying off to serve another table. 

They spend the time while they are eating talking about Mia's adventure around Europe, the ranch and the parts of Russia Seeley could share. Mia was happy they were finally in the same room again. 

As they finished their meal the pink-haired waitress reappeared holding two desserts. 

"On the house" she said putting them down on the table. 

Mia quickly thanked the waitress before picking up a spoon and attacking the red velvet cake making her husband smile at her. At that moment Booth was happy to be home, he'd missed her more than he ever imagined he could miss anyone. She was the person for him.