The Siblings

As the next morning rolled around Mia woke up safe in Seeley's bed but Seeley was missing. Mia wasn't sure if he had been here last night; she didn't remember anything after Seeley had dropped her off at home and made her dinner, settling her in bed with a movie. It had been a stressful day and she desperately needed sleep. Mia remembered Seeley kissing her forehead and mentioning he was going back to work. Suddenly her phone was ringing from the nightstand. It was Russ. He was here in DC. Quickly Mia pulled on her jeans and crop top before grabbing Seeley's leather jacket and running out the door. 

Seeley's bike was still in the parking lot. She saw no choice so preyed that Russ had travelled light. She pulled on the helmet hanging on the bike handle, finding the keys stashed in the pocket of the leather jacket. Sighing she mounted the bike turning the keys in the ignition it roared into life.

Mia found her way to the airport in record time and she hadn't even been speeding. As she pulled up to the collection area she spotted a man who had to be Russ; he looked almost exactly how their dad had looked in old photographs before his surgery. She waved across at the man before pulling off the helmet revealing her auburn hair. A look of recognition passed over his face as he began walking towards her. He smiled immediately; she looked exactly as their mum had.

"Amelia" Russ said, extending his arms to hug the woman now standing by the bike "I never thought I'd see you again".

"Please call me Mia" Mia said to her brother as she accepted his hug. It felt so familiar. At least Russ seemed to accept her, unlike Dr Brennan.

"Good job I didn't bring much luggage" Russ joked pointing at the bike.

"Seeley didn't leave me with much choice" Mia replied with a laugh remounting the bike and pulling on her helmet before throwing one at her brother.

They quickly set off heading towards the Jeffersonian and their sister. Mia was praying that when she arrived Seeley would be there. Meanwhile, Russ was worrying about seeing Tempe again. He hadn't seen her in fifteen years and she wasn't the forgiving type.

As they pulled up to the Jeffersonian Mia breathed a sigh of relief. This place felt safe to her now. Even if the inside wasn't as friendly as she would like it to be. Russ quickly hopped off the bike and returned the helmet to his sister. He wasn't sure he wanted to go inside. Mia on the other hand had already taken her helmet off and was walking towards the Jeffersonian Institute doors at an incredible pace.

"What's in there that's so important?" Russ asked with a smile realising no one would be this desperate to get inside a research institute unless something important was inside.

"Nothing" Mia replied, slowing her pace to match his. It was obvious she was anxious about something but trying to play it off in front of her brother.

"You can't lie to me" Russ said watching his sister grow more uncomfortable "You have the same tells as mom did" Mia laughed at that. She remembered her mother and it was true.

"Fine." She sighed "I married Booth" she explained watching her brother's reaction carefully. He didn't seem too bothered. "We haven't told anyone and it's new so our secret" he motioned, zipping his lips and winking at his sister. They picked up the pace again.

As they reached the doors to the lab Mia could see Seeley on the other side. She resisted the urge to run at him and instead quickly walked through the door towards him with Russ following in her wake.

"Good Morning Miss Keenan'' Agent Booth said in his official agent tone.

"Good morning Agent Booth" Mia replied "This is my brother Russ"

"Nice to meet you" Russ said to Booth as he looked around the lab carefully. He was expecting Tempe to be somewhere in the lab but he couldn't see her.

"I'll go get Dr Brennan" Seeley said, continuing in his official agent voice. He briskly walked towards Bones' office. What was she going to do with both her siblings there?

Temperance slowly approached the main area of the lab. Booth had told her he needed to show her some evidence. She shouldn't have trusted him. He had been keeping a lot of secrets recently and there in the middle of the lab was the biggest one and her brother.

"I'm not talking to them" Bones said to Booth angrily. "Why did you bring them here?"

"They're your siblings, Bones" Booth explained, hoping that it might placate her a little bit. He wasn't going to leave them unattended. He didn't trust Bones with Mia.

As they approached Mia and Russ, Booth could hear their pleasant chatting. They seemed to get along better than Mia and Bones. He noticed both Mia and Bones tense as they grew closer to each other. Seeley was on guard in case Temperance screamed at Mia.

"Tempe" Russ said curtly to his sister, it was always going to be awkward since they hadn't spoken in fifteen years.

"Russ" Temperance said, keeping her distance from her brother and not even dignifying Mia with a greeting.

"Okay" Seeley said "now we're all back acquainted, we need to discuss your mother and father" Mia was thankful for her husband's guidance in the conversation. "Catherine Brennan didn't exist until Mia was 2 years old. Obviously, before that, your name was Keenan, correct Russ?" Seeley asked.

"That's correct, I was Kyle Keenan and Tempe was Joy" Russ explained watching his sisters.

"And your mother was killed two years after they left Russ and Temperance and went to Texas" Seeley finished watching the Keenan siblings' reactions. Mia seemed unsurprised by the information but Russ and Tempe seemed to need time processing it.

Mia's phone started ringing in the middle of the discussion about what to do with Catherine Brennan's bones.

"It's Dad" Mia said, ignoring the phone. She knew he'd been watching, she knew it would be about her and Tempe being in the same room with Russ and how he was going to hurt Seeley.

"Dad?" Temperance asked. She was sure her father had also been killed when her mother was but obviously not.

"Yeah, he's alive and watching us or at least me and you Temperance" Mia stated watching her sister process the new information.

A text popped through on Mia's phone. It was her dad asking to meet. She knew she had to go and face him eventually but she hadn't physically seen him since he left her all those years ago. Clearly, today was the day for long-lost family reunions.

"I've got to go" Mia said, leaving the tense conversation about their mother and walking out of the lab. She wasn't sure where Seeley was but she trusted her dad and knew Russ would let him know Mia had left.